Pro Wrestling Only

Diesel reign did much damage - why?

Kronos

Since the post was in response to something I wrote, I did want to say that the reasons covered in this thread pretty much sum up how I felt about it.

By the way, Bob, I did not mean anything negative by using your comment to start the thread. I thought it would make for an interesting conversation and allow me to learn a little something -- success on all fronts. :lol:

Since the post was in response to something I wrote, I did want to say that the reasons covered in this thread pretty much sum up how I felt about it.

By the way, Bob, I did not mean anything negative by using your comment to start the thread. I thought it would make for an interesting conversation and allow me to learn a little something -- success on all fronts. :lol:

No problem. I didn't take your decision to start the thread to be anything negative... I was just late coming to join the party. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest John O'Neill

One of the things people forget about Nash was there were times, during his WWF run, where he was very popular. I remember him getting great reactions and being incredibly over when he started turning against Shawn in 1994 - you know how Shawn cost him the IC title and everybody loved it that Diesel now wanted to kill Shawn.

But Nash suffered from the same problem Shawn did in 1996 - the creative sucked! They turned Diesel into this family friendly character as opposed to this bad looking guy who wants to kill Shawn.

Nash was also pretty over when he finally turned heel. It wasn't uncommon for crowds to actually start chanting his name during matches because they liked the idea of this monster running over people. I remember in 'Good Friends, Better Enemies' the crowd stopped cheering for Shawn when they sensed he was going to lose, and they started chanting for Diesel. Shawn made his typical comeback of course...