Pro Wrestling Only

Austin Idol "Stardust is really foot powder" promo

Jkeats

I've been trying to find this great Austin Idol promo where he has a bag of baby powder and he's running down Dusty Rhodes, saying that Stardust is really nothing more than foot powder. It's from Georgia Championship Wrestling and I was almost positive it was on those Macchia Comps. I went through the ones I have up to 08/80 and it's not there. He was definitely a heel at the time and I think he turns face in Georgia around april/may.

I seem to remember it in front of the blue background and it was Idol with his old interviewing style cadence.

Does anyone remember this promo? If so, any idea when it was? Might make the search easier...I know I have it unless I just imagined the whole thing!

I have this somewhere, I could not tell you exactly what disc it is on. I would have to go home and do some researching, and find what disc it is on. As most people know I am a HUGE Idol fan and I have literally tried to compile every match and int that is available out there. I am hoping there is stuff out there that will be discovered someday like his feuds in Southeastern against the Stud Stable , Wayne Ferris and The Sheepherders. I have some footage of Idol and Eddie "the continental lover" Mansfield as a tag team which I havent seen much of. This was at the very beginning of the Idol-Sullivan feud, where Sullivan came in wanting to avenge Idol injuring Sullivan's brother and taking him out of wrestling. Idol had some pretty crazy promos here calling Sullivan's dad a drunk and how Sullivan would find him in the gutter on the streets of Boston and have to carry him home over his shoulder.

I thought Idol was very entertaining, he wasnt a great wrestler but he had a ton of charisma. Kind of like Gino Hernandez in that regard. Gino wasnt the best wrestler, in fact he could be pretty sloppy at times but there was just something about him that made you want to watch him. I mean the Dynamic Duo vs Kerry and Kevin Von Erich was a tremendous feud and if you watch the footage Chris and Gino had quite a following of fans.

As for Idol, he was in top form in Ga in 79-80. His mic work is simply put amazing at this time, while very influenced by Graham, Idol took it to a whole different level. Everyone talks about the four flat tires angle and that IS my fav angle ever, this clip below is just phenomenal and may be my fav Idol promo ever. 10 mins of pure wrestling glory as it used to be and better then anything thats been done in years in todays wrestling.

Ladies and Gentlemen Austin Idol and his crying towel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ASLvIkTkYw

I have this somewhere, I could not tell you exactly what disc it is on. I would have to go home and do some researching, and find what disc it is on. As most people know I am a HUGE Idol fan and I have literally tried to compile every match and int that is available out there. I am hoping there is stuff out there that will be discovered someday like his feuds in Southeastern against the Stud Stable , Wayne Ferris and The Sheepherders. I have some footage of Idol and Eddie "the continental lover" Mansfield as a tag team which I havent seen much of. This was at the very beginning of the Idol-Sullivan feud, where Sullivan came in wanting to avenge Idol injuring Sullivan's brother and taking him out of wrestling. Idol had some pretty crazy promos here calling Sullivan's dad a drunk and how Sullivan would find him in the gutter on the streets of Boston and have to carry him home over his shoulder.

I thought Idol was very entertaining, he wasnt a great wrestler but he had a ton of charisma. Kind of like Gino Hernandez in that regard. Gino wasnt the best wrestler, in fact he could be pretty sloppy at times but there was just something about him that made you want to watch him. I mean the Dynamic Duo vs Kerry and Kevin Von Erich was a tremendous feud and if you watch the footage Chris and Gino had quite a following of fans.

As for Idol, he was in top form in Ga in 79-80. His mic work is simply put amazing at this time, while very influenced by Graham, Idol took it to a whole different level. Everyone talks about the four flat tires angle and that IS my fav angle ever, this clip below is just phenomenal and may be my fav Idol promo ever. 10 mins of pure wrestling glory as it used to be and better then anything thats been done in years in todays wrestling.

Ladies and Gentlemen Austin Idol and his crying towel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ASLvIkTkYw

Thanks Mike! Yeah I was almost positive it was on the discs I made for you but I can't find it. If you locate it, please let me know.

I'm with you, I love his Georgia stuff and I also think the Freebirds were at their best in Georgia during this time as well. Yes they made more of a splash and more money in Dallas, but in Georgia I think they had their best run creatively.

Keep me posted on the promo!

• 4 weeks later...