Pro Wrestling Only

Names of wrestling moves

Loss

I'm terrible with this. It just took me 10 minutes, a Google search, looking through Rev Ray's book of moves and an IM conversation to figure out that a sitout powerbomb is a dynamic bomb. And until Bix explained it to me, I couldn't see how the niagara driver was any different.

In the age of You Tube, I think it would be a worthwhile project for someone to transfer/update the book of moves and add some things to it.

If something like this already exists, please point me to it. :)

Well a Dynamic Bomb is a Sit-Out Powerbomb, not the other way around; the former is a gimmicked name (Taue), the latter a literal name/description for the move. You'll get times when a move is so associated with its gimmicked name that that becomes its general term, often if it's also shorter/easier or if it comes to prominence through one guy (ie DDT; Dragon/Tiger Suplex). The problem now as opposed to fifteen years ago is that so many guys have their own version of a certain move, by adding a twist or a pump-handle lift or whatever.