Pro Wrestling Only

London/Kazarian

Guest Steffie

Guest Steffie

Back in WCW, there were countless excellent matches between Rey Mysterio (Jr) and Juvi Guerrera. I'm pretty sure the two had more PPV encounters than you can count on one hand, not to mention televised and live event matches. Their matches defined the cruiserweight division. They were fast, exciting, and a joy to watch. It wasn't just who can jump the highest, spin the most times, and run the fastest, their matches were well paced, and often stole the show.

With Paul London looking set to take the Cruiserweight Title in the immediate future, and the signing of Frankie Kazarian, who word has it, is skipping OVW and going straight to TV, we could have an epic on our hands. If WWE are going to try and restore some faith in the cruiserweight division, they could easily use this feud as a stepping stone. I firmly believe that the two could easily replicate, if not better the Rey/Juvi saga. Don't get me wrong, all the Rey/Juvi matches were great, but Juventud was often somewhat reckless in his matches. This is the area in which London and Kazarian could better them, they are both crisp, solid performers.

A good long feud between the two would be great, especially if it was Kazarian's debut on WWE television. What ya think?

I think if it was confined to Velocity, where it would most likely get more time, that would be a good thing. I think they may want to build Kazarian up before putting him in a feud with London, maybe giving him some wins over Chavo and Akio and then going into the feud. Of course, it's the cruiserweight division, and they don't really give it a lot of thought so it might not matter.

I do think London is someone they could do far more with than they are now. I wish he was being pushed as a smaller heavyweight instead of a cruiserweight, which is what the initial plan was for him.

Guest Steffie

Don't be rediculous. Confined to Velocity!? Come off it, a match between these two would be great. It would be far more worthy than being on Velocity. London has been given a bit of 'character development' as of late, which is something the WWE as a whole is lacking in tremendously. Moving him down to a Velocity main spot would be a depush, and totally ruin the work that has gone in to his push. As for Kazarian, what would be the point of wins over Akio and the like? They are constantly squashed anyway. They haven't won serious matches in how long? Having Kazarian debut and take wins over those guys would leave most fans thinking 'oh, just another debut'. They do the same thing with bigger guys on RAW. They debut and squash Richards, Venis, etc., and no one cares. Having him debut and go right after the cruiserweight champion, Paul London, would make him actually look like he's going to mean something.

If it's not on Velocity, it's only going to go six minutes max. That's the sad reality, and the point I was trying to make. I'm not trying to deny that it would be a good match, but it would get more time on Velocity. As far as going over people en route to getting a title shot, call me old school, but I feel that's the way it should be done. Title shots should be earned by facing other contenders. You put Kazarian over those guys to show that he's *better* than they are before you put him in a match for the biggest title in the division. Fans have a tendency to reject new guys that aren't established, even lightly, before they're pushed. I don't want Kazarian becoming another Gail Kim.

Guest Steffie

If it's not on Velocity, it's only going to go six minutes max. That's the sad reality, and the point I was trying to make. I'm not trying to deny that it would be a good match, but it would get more time on Velocity. As far as going over people en route to getting a title shot, call me old school, but I feel that's the way it should be done. Title shots should be earned by facing other contenders. You put Kazarian over those guys to show that he's *better* than they are before you put him in a match for the biggest title in the division. Fans have a tendency to reject new guys that aren't established, even lightly, before they're pushed. I don't want Kazarian becoming another Gail Kim.

I doubt it would go much longer on Velocity. They fill most of the show with recaps. At least people will actually see it on Smackdown, and if it gets a good response, as I have no doubt in my mind that it will, they maybe they'll be given more time,

And hey, lets face it, wins over Akio and Shannon Moore mean nothing. It'd save both time and effort putting Kazarian straight into the title scene, make him have more of an impact.

The Gail Kim situation was a little different. She won the title on her debut. I'm not talking about that, I'm just talking about putting Kazarian into a title feud on his debut.

Guest The Metal Maniac

If WWE are going to try and restore some faith in the cruiserweight division

If your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle.

As much as I think it'd be a good idea, I doubt the fed is going to do it, now or ever.

Though honestly, I think that making the weekend shows primarily cruiserweight shows (maybe have a title defense every other week plus other random cruiser matches) would be a good idea, and would actually make me watch those shows.