Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling Culture Episode 3

Episode 3 is up:

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkC...2658&cmd=tc

This was a two show week since we missed a week. Show three is Dave Musgrave and myself joined by pro wrestler/pro wrestling historian Kurt Brown (Incredibly Strange Wrestling, Slammin Stan Podcast, et). We cover the whackiest gimmicks in pro wrestling history, which includes Kurt giving a really cool history lesson on the wild World of Argentinian promotion Titanes En El Ring, me ranting about the complexities of the FBI gimmick and Dave talking about the more bizarre aspects of the Canadian indy scene (and clubbing baby seals in New Foundland). Two hours of comedy and intrigue!

Just finished listening to show 3. Two things:

1. Did Gary Michael Cappetta ever have a podcast? One of you mentioned it in passing.

2. Anyone got any pics of the La Momia Kurt is talking about?

In fact, a post with photos or links to clips for each of these guys would be fantastic.

There should be links to otehr clips from those pages.

Episode 3 is up:

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkC...2658&cmd=tc

This was a two show week since we missed a week. Show three is Dave Musgrave and myself joined by pro wrestler/pro wrestling historian Kurt Brown (Incredibly Strange Wrestling, Slammin Stan Podcast, et). We cover the whackiest gimmicks in pro wrestling history, which includes Kurt giving a really cool history lesson on the wild World of Argentinian promotion Titanes En El Ring, me ranting about the complexities of the FBI gimmick and Dave talking about the more bizarre aspects of the Canadian indy scene (and clubbing baby seals in New Foundland). Two hours of comedy and intrigue!

great great great Show!!! xD

La momia vs David el pastor -

hermoso :(

• 1 year later...

I'm listening to each of these shows over the next [(how ever long it will be)], and this one was really spectacular. Made me want to see all the FBI footage out there and I'm totally pissed off that there isn't any footage of "Madam Xandu". Tranny la Parka? Fuck off. There HAS to be a tape of it.

The idea of a paper boys gimmick with them throwing their defeated opponent into the crowd wrapped up made me laugh my head off.

Also.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJpEXhM7qk

• 1 year later...

I randomly went back and listened to this again last night -- I thought that coming back at it after 3 years, I'd have a different perspective and appreciate little things I'd have missed in 2011.

This is just a superb show and some of the funniest shit too. Dave's "Mediocre Artist friend" gimmick had me laughing my ass off. Tommy Rich's FBI stuff also sounds like the best thing of all time.

Thanks for listening...again...

I go back and listen to this once in a while myself as it was one of the most fun conversations I have ever had

I randomly went back and listened to this again last night -- I thought that coming back at it after 3 years, I'd have a different perspective and appreciate little things I'd have missed in 2011.

This is just a superb show and some of the funniest shit too. Dave's "Mediocre Artist friend" gimmick had me laughing my ass off. Tommy Rich's FBI stuff also sounds like the best thing of all time.