Pro Wrestling Only

The Strap

Anyone else read this yet? Got mine in the mail last weekend, already finished it. It's a quick read, but a very cool book in my opinion. It's basically the history of the Missouri Title, starting with an early version of the title that predates the famous St. Louis version. Then it covers the tournament for the St. Louis version and goes over every match and angle, including TV squashes, that the Missouri champion had during their reign. Each champion's reign starts with a photo with them with the championship belt. There's lots of quotes along with the way from the champs themselves, or other challengers at the time. Some of the quotes are from other books, like Ric Flair or Jack Brisco's biographies.

Just a really neat format, would be cool to see other championships get the same treatment. You can get it at Crowbar Press: http://www.crowbarpress.com/index.html

Anyone else read this yet? Got mine in the mail last weekend, already finished it. It's a quick read, but a very cool book in my opinion. It's basically the history of the Missouri Title, starting with an early version of the title that predates the famous St. Louis version. Then it covers the tournament for the St. Louis version and goes over every match and angle, including TV squashes, that the Missouri champion had during their reign. Each champion's reign starts with a photo with them with the championship belt. There's lots of quotes along with the way from the champs themselves, or other challengers at the time. Some of the quotes are from other books, like Ric Flair or Jack Brisco's biographies.

Just a really neat format, would be cool to see other championships get the same treatment. You can get it at Crowbar Press: http://www.crowbarpress.com/index.html

I ordered this as well and I loved the book, just finished it up last night. I was always a little confused about how and exactly when the St. Louis Wrestling Club folded up and how and when Crockett took over. Man Ron Fuller was a bad draw in St. Louis, How did this guy get at least two/three main events?