Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling Culture Episode 37

Anybody want a peanut? Dylan and Dave return to discuss the life and times of Andre The Giant on Episode 37 of The Wrestling Culture podcast

Wrestling Culture Episode 37

Also, check out a young Andre in a kung fu movie

The GIant Fairy in action

Also, check out these trailers for the nightmarish imagining of what a biopic on Andre The Giant should be:

Huh?

I want more stories about Andre drinking and less about him crapping on people and trying to 69. Less talking about Larry’s book too. :) Anyways, there will never be another Andre to me due to his size and aura. Agreed on how good his facials were. Re-watched WrestleMania 3 recently and they do a backstage interview with Heenan and Andre where Bobby does all the talking and The Giant just stands there. Andre has the look on his face that he is going to murder Hogan that night.

Only watched the NJPW 80’s set recently and Andre was fantastic. He was still able to go at that point. I heard the talk about the Hansen match so was worried it wouldn’t live up to the hype but it was great and so was the Khan bout. I will have to track down the Kobayashi match.

While there may not be a whole lot of video footage of his prime, I think he came around at the right time as far as his career. Being a special attraction he was able to go to so many different territories which kept him fresh. He wasn’t on national television each week which allowed for the idea to the average fan that he was undefeated in his career. Stuff like the excessive drinking added to his legend. If he came around in this era, he’d be sent to rehab by WWE to try clean up.

I know you guys talked over 90 minutes but I was hoping to hear more about Andre post WWF in the early 90s. Leaving WWF, Cameos in UWF and WCW and still wrestling in All Japan.