Pro Wrestling Only

A thread in which we discuss Nigel McGuinness's woes

Bix

So Bix was this worse than the interview you did with Bill Dundee where he didn't really want to talk much behind the scenes stuff and seemed angry when you brought it up?

Oh, I forgot to answer this: Much, much worse. Dundee at least provided some interesting stuff with his various "no, that's not it..." responses.

Here's a MP3 of the relevant segment of the interview (about 3 minutes long, starting with "why did you change your style;" and one of his answers during the exchange includes the part about about not really remembering his ROH run): https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-NNkZSWAAY...dit?usp=sharing

It's pretty early in the interview and thus not quite as bleak as I remember, as the bitterness and anger came out later. He does say that he thinks ROH/Gabe may have had plans for him anyway, but he felt changing his style was something he needed at the time to become a bonafide main eventer. The overall point that he felt he needed to change his style to move up is the same, but he was more fair to the possibility he didn't need to than I remembered.

There's a segment in the extras section of the DVD release where Nigel basically said the same thing, and reveals enough that it's clear his neurological problems were why he got out of the business.