Pro Wrestling Only

WWE House Show results from 6/1/13...

Wolfman

WWE Live at Stabler Arena in Bethlehem, PA (June 1, 2013)

1. Randy Orton & Team Hell No beat The Shield by DQ when Roman Reigns used a steel chair on Orton as he attempted an RKO on Dean Ambrose.

2. Sin Cara pinned Cody Rhodes after hitting a Senton bomb from the top rope.

3. The Great Khali beat Damien Sandow with a brain chop.

4. No DQ Match/ Alberto Del Rio beat Big E Langston with a superkick.

5. Divas Championship/ Kaitlyn pinned AJ Lee with a reverse roll up.

6. Alex Riley beat Curt Hawkins with an A-Bomb. The Shield attacked both men afterwards.

7. Justin Gabriel beat Heath Slater with a lionsault.

I went to the card tonight. Didn't have time to post anything other than the results since I had to drive my nephews home. Wasn't anything great but it was fun. My only complaint is the faces won every match. Kinda boring when it goes that way. Plus, Sandow even jobs to Khali now. WTF? The no DQ match was better than I anticipated (kendo sticks, chairs, and a table). Best part of the night was The Shield beating the crap out of Riley and Hawkins. Plus, Ziggler got on the mic and called the crowd a bunch of marks.

Can you imagine paying $40 of whatever the going rate is to see that show? Serious, serious lack of star power, and it doesn't look like the sort of card that will make up for it in terms of workrate either.

I remember seeing a show in early 2005 with Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, HHH, Batista, Randy Orton, Edge, Kane along with other established names like Christian, Regal, Tajiri and others. And that was during the brand split, so half the stars were working the other house shows. They really have done a bad job of replacing top talent.

Can you imagine paying $40 of whatever the going rate is to see that show? Serious, serious lack of star power, and it doesn't look like the sort of card that will make up for it in terms of workrate either.

I remember seeing a show in early 2005 with Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, HHH, Batista, Randy Orton, Edge, Kane along with other established names like Christian, Regal, Tajiri and others. And that was during the brand split, so half the stars were working the other house shows. They really have done a bad job of replacing top talent.

Part of the reason I went is that it was close to my house and the tickets were only $19. I knew it was going to be weak.

I paid no more than 20 a person for the last four or five WWE house shows I went to.

Incidentally I love WWE house shows and they have consistently resulted in very good shows for the last several years. Frankly they have been vastly better than the tv tapings I"ve gone to over a similar time frame to the point where when it was announced Raw is coming here on June 24th I was upset about it being a tv show and still haven't gotten tickets (though I will likely get comps this week). Hell one house show I went to back in 09 is probably a top five show I've ever been to - maybe top three. And I've been to tons of wrestling shows.

$19 is really cheap, is that the standard rate for WWE house shows lately? ROH shows cost more than that IIRC. BritWres shows are also in the same ballpark, even ones with few or no stars on them.

No, not really. They were $19 because they were bleacher seats. There was enough empty "real" seats though, that I just moved down and sat in one them. Those would have cost me $38 and ringside seats were $98. I would have been pissed paying that much for this card.