Pro Wrestling Only

CM Punk on WTF With Marc Maron

I give Marc credit for saying he doesn't watch it, which makes me forgive him for that kind of stuff. And I like that Punk welcomed it, and explained everything as best as he could. Overall it was an interesting exchange, I'm amazed that WWE let him do it because he let the profanity fly which I was a pleasant surprise.

Haven't listened yet, but I'm a big fan of Maron's podcast. Check out the one he did a while back with Colt Cabana. There's a cool, "I know absolutely nothing about wrestling, but I'm fascinated by it" vibe from Maron that makes it an interesting conversation, and they bond over being struggling/starving artists who've had to deal with a lot of rejection in their careers. Very interested to see how Maron and Punk interact.

Just listened to the interview and really enjoyed it. Highly recommended. It's a nice companion piece to the interview he did with Colt. Marc clearly has a greater understanding and respect for wrestling as performance than he did before talking to Colt and came into the conversation well prepared. In a different life Maron might have been a huge wrestling fan

One of the best stories was Punk talking about the Be A Star campaign and how it's very important to him because of being an outsider who was bullied, and someone asked how he was bullied/what names he was called and he was like, "they called me a faggot" and the WWE handlers were like, "woah woah woah you CANNOT say that" and Punk is like, "why? that's what they called me"

• 3 weeks later...

He seemed understanding that they couldn't air it, but I think it illustrates what a crappy idea it was in the first place. I really wish Mark had gotten him on the show after the Cena match in Chicago, as it would have been more interesting then to hear him talk about the "pipe bomb" segment. As it is, it was interesting hearing Punk talk about his background.