Pro Wrestling Only

A thread in which we celebrate Mark Hunt vs Bigfoot Silva

Bix

Immediately one of my favorite MMA fights ever. Amazing birthday present.

Catch the replay tomorrow night if you missed it. Words can't so it justice other than to say it was a draw and for the first time ever, a draw was absolutely, positively, the best possible result that everyone should be overjoyed for.

What a tremendous fight, one of those I wish I had seen live. I was on the edge of my seat for most of the fight. And don't want to be a mood killer but after it was done the only thing I could think about was how the quality of their life had been shortened for a few years, especially in Silva's case. I had the same feeling after Melendez vs Diego a few UFC's ago. The draw was one of those 1 in 1000 times where it is a perfect result and I hope they are never rematched.

I watch a lot of sports. A whole lot.

When you do that, you see a thousand things a year where you think "maybe, if my life had been different, and I'd trained hard blah blah I could have done that". Then you see like 10 things a year where you go "nope, no way, no how, could never have done that", the truly superhuman elite things.

The Hunt/Silva fight was one of those 10 things. Absolute mana to a sports nut.