Pro Wrestling Only

Shoot Interview thoughts

goodhelmet

I recently acquired a huge chunk of shoot interviews so instead of doing reviews, I'll post random thoughts on them. feel free to join in.

Raven and Sandman - This is fucking hilarious. Seriously, there are no shortages of funny stories with this one. The one that stands out is when they are talking about the Sign Guy in the audience. Raven said that one day when Sign Guy was at the gym looking for wrestlers, Stevie Richards, who was a heel at the time, happened to be there. Stevie recognized him and went up to say hi but Sign Guy, thinking he was a face refused to shake Stevie's hand and simply said "Kayfabe."

After Raven heard that shit, he created Sign Guy Dudley just to fuck with him and had Sign Guy Dudley make signs just to one-up the "Original" Sign Guy.

The Fantastics Shoot Interview- There are some great stories in this one as well. THey go particularly in-depth about the Von Ericha and their problems. However, there are two things you will notice about Bobby Fulton... 1. he has a forehead now the size of a bowling ball and 2. he never shuts up. Unless Rogers is just quiet by nature, I don't know how he could have put up with him.

Bobby Heenan and Jim Cornette Straight Shootin Series- Just pick this series up already. All thre ear ewell worth your time. THe 3rd one is unique in that it is filmed at Jim Cornette;s house and they take a tour of his memorabilia room and talk about different items in the room and conversation usually breaks ff into different tangents. The last portion is a Secrets of the Ring portion with Bobby Heenan. Good stuff.

Butch Reed Shoot Interview- I'll let you know when I decipher the mumbling throughout. Seriously, if you have the volume on low you would have no idea what he is saying.

Guest Famous Mortimer

Raven said that one day when Sign Guy was at the gym looking for wrestlers, Stevie Richards, who was a heel at the time,  happened to be there. Stevie recognized him and went up to say hi but Sign Guy, thinking he was a face refused to shake Stevie's hand and simply said "Kayfabe."

This is the funniest thing I've heard in weeks.

• 3 months later...

OK, before I traqnscribe this thought from Ken Patera, do not waste money or time on the On The Road w/ Tajiri and Super crazy disc... unless you want to hear them listen to bad techno along with the kiddie fucker. Worst shoot ever.

Moving on, listen to the Ken Patera Straight Shootin' shoot;. Whatever you do, find an audio or video clip o this. Gabe mentions the McDonalds incident in the 80s and Patera responds...

"Fuck you, I dont want to talk about that shit. You want me to choke you out now or later you cocksucker? I dont talk about that bullshit. We have plenty to talk about. Fuck about that bullshit about me, it was all a setup and everything anyway. I spent 2 years of my life in that stinky old prison and you know, that was under McMahons watch. I was wrestling for him when all that shit went down. Fuck it, lets move on..."

Ok, so I put in the Legends Q&A from earlier this year in and this was an entertaining group of guys to throw together...

Kamala, Missing Link, Marty Jannetty, Koko B Ware, Jake the Snake, One Man Gang, Tito Santana... and Ballz Mahoney(???)

Anyway, Marty Jannetty tells a fucking hilarious story about a night with the Iron Sheik.

In Des Moines Iowa, marty wanted to fuck some girl but had one of his former ring rats waiting for him so Marty tells Sheik to look after the old fling. While Marty is in his hotel room, the cops come to Marty's room looking for the Iron Sheik. Marty got rid of the cops then rushed to Sheik's room. On his way there, he sees the ambulance lights and sees a girl being stretchered out on a gurney.

In Iron Sheik's voice...

"Marty, you ask me to look after girl. You know you tell me keep eye on girl. I take care of girl for you. End of night I bring her up to room to wait for you. She tires so I give her little something you know, to keep her up Marty, you know I do that for you. Then the girl talk about drink so I give her some drink. she get a little nervous so I give her some pills, calm her down. Marty, you know, I do this for you. and then all of a sudden Marty I give her everything in the world and then she looked at me and said "Marty, where's Marty?" I said, Marty no disrespect, but I said "A Fuck Marty, did Marty give you coke, did Marty give you all things A to Z?"

Then Marty, I give her short clothesline.

Marty: "Sheik, short clothesline? She's on a gurney outside.

Sheik: "Oh, she moved. "