Pro Wrestling Only

This could change ...

Loss

... this is the way I see the categories going, based on the number of nominations we've gotten.

JAPAN

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to separate Joshi from the pack and save it for when more footage becomes available, which is what DVDVR is doing since apparently more footage is going to be aired on Samurai TV in the near future. Also, the 90s were an insane decade for work all around the world but especially in Japan, so I think we need to break down the categories a little more.

*1980s Mens

*1990s AJPW

*1990s NJPW

*1990s Other Japan

*All Joshi

MEXICO

Since 99% of the footage available is from the 1990-present, I'm thinking we should do one all-inclusive lucha libre category instead of breaking it up by decade.

US

I think the categories we have set up work just fine here.

EUROPE

I don't think we should do this category unless we have at least 50 nominees. So, if anyone knows of anyone that could add to the British wrestling noms that doesn't post here, please send them an invite and ask them to help us out.

I also see combining pre-1980 men's wrestling into one gigantic category without having to keep Japan and the US apart from each other.

For now, keep nominating everything in the threads that have already been set up. This is something we can take care of on the back end. This is more of a commentary on the trends in nominations I see and the best way to streamline things and really make the voting process worthwhile, relevant and fun.

Guest ohtani's jacket

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to separate Joshi from the pack and save it for when more footage becomes available, which is what DVDVR is doing since apparently more footage is going to be aired on Samurai TV in the near future.

Since I was the person who originally translated this news, allow me to repost the following:

"A year ago, when AJW Classics was in re-runs, the Samurai TV FAQ page said they were busy reorganising the Fuji TV material to play it in chronological order, but when the new episodes debut, they weren't in chronological order and the series ended shortly thereafter. Now AJW has gone bust & in all likelihood, they held the broadcasting rights. I doubt very much that Samurai TV own the Fuji TV footage."

Dan Ginnetty may have a source for TV shows from the 80s, but AJW Classics is dead and has been for quite some time. Why people would wait for AJW Classics to return is beyond me -- even if it did return, how long are people willing to wait as it rolls through it's weekly schedule?

Most of the matches shown on AJW Classics were already available, albeit in edited form. There's not much left to cover, aside from "hidden" gems, the extent of which is probably three and a half stars. Most people haven't even watched what's there.

Baffling.

Guest Famous Mortimer

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to separate Joshi from the pack and save it for when more footage becomes available, which is what DVDVR is doing since apparently more footage is going to be aired on Samurai TV in the near future.

Since I was the person who originally translated this news, allow me to repost the following:

"A year ago, when AJW Classics was in re-runs, the Samurai TV FAQ page said they were busy reorganising the Fuji TV material to play it in chronological order, but when the new episodes debut, they weren't in chronological order and the series ended shortly thereafter. Now AJW has gone bust & in all likelihood, they held the broadcasting rights. I doubt very much that Samurai TV own the Fuji TV footage."

Dan Ginnetty may have a source for TV shows from the 80s, but AJW Classics is dead and has been for quite some time. Why people would wait for AJW Classics to return is beyond me -- even if it did return, how long are people willing to wait as it rolls through it's weekly schedule?

Most of the matches shown on AJW Classics were already available, albeit in edited form. There's not much left to cover, aside from "hidden" gems, the extent of which is probably three and a half stars. Most people haven't even watched what's there.

Baffling.

I'm with OJ on this one, I fail to see what else is out there that is completely unavailable- either Ginnetty, or Lynch, or PUNQ will have it. Mehy.