Pro Wrestling Only

2014 In Depth

Loss

I've set up a forum to talk about all the notable matches and events of 2014. Just about everything that happened in January and February should have its own thread, if it was especially praised or maligned in some corner of the Internet. Thanks to Grimmas for helping me compile a list. Please feel free to jump in and post your thoughts in the corresponding threads.

Here is a direct link:

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/forum/454-2014/

Those of you who have participated in yearbook discussions should find the format very familiar. Those of you who have not will probably catch on pretty quickly.

This feature is on its way for other years as well. However, I wanted to unveil this for 2014 wrestling first. I will do my best to keep this part of the board current as new things happen that are worth talking about.

Because the 1990s project has been the focus and is still in process, those years will remain accessible at the top level of the forum for now. Other years, including 2014, are filed under "Everything Else" until the 1990s Project is complete.

In cases where we are not violating the copyright rules of the promotion, you'll find a link to the match on YouTube or Daily Motion included in the thread.

I also want to draw your attention to the tags using this example:.

Let's say there's a thread for Wrestler A vs Wrestler B from the Message Board Wrestling promotion on January 1, 2014, which happened in Anytown USA. The thread title will appear as follows: Wrestler A vs Wrestler B (Message Board Wrestling 01/01/14)

And here's how the tags work. When you open a thread, just under the thread title, you'll see the following in smaller text:

- Wrestler A (If you click on this hyperlink, you can view a list of all threads at PWO discussing matches or segments involving Wrestler A)

- Wrestler B (The same)

- Message Board Wrestling (If you click on this hyperlink, you can view a list of all threads at PWO discussing matches or segments from this promotion)

- January 1 (What else has happened in wrestling history on January 1? Click on the link to find out)

- Anytown USA (If you click on this hyperlink, you can view a list of all threads at PWO discussing matches that have taken place in this town)

You'll also notice that I've added star ratings to some threads. Those are my star ratings. It's not necessarily that I think my opinions are the most important ones for searching. It's just a starting point. As the concept expands to other years and I have time to continue refining the topics, I want to eventually add in the WON star ratings and any other measurements from notable reviewers out there if all of you think that would be a valuable search tool.

So have fun! The software upgrade we recently had opens many doors for us in terms of organizing the board and making it easier to filter and sort threads. The concepts I've applied so far are just my ideas, but if there are other ways you'd enjoy doing filters, please make those suggestions.

I hope you find the idea of having a thread where you can read multiple points of view on a single match interesting and useful.