Pro Wrestling Only

New Japan "Wrestling Dontaku" Review

Ishii is well on his way to ultimately being my Wrestler of the Year, especially with Bryan mired in gimmicky stuff, Tanahashi settling into tags for the foreseeable future , and Okada apparently headed into a long sports entertainment type feud.

Wasn't a big fan of this show. I thought Honma/Ishii was great and the tag elimination was really fun, but the main event was really boring for me. If I were a star rating guy I wouldn't even go *** on that.

Thoughts similar to Tim. Would love if I had to powers to re-run the show in front of a hotter crowd.

The crowd was horrid. Killed the Ibushi match, which was well worked and very good. They were dragged kicking & screaming into the Ishii/Honma match. Just as they started to dig the work in the main, they went quiet for the run in & post.

VERY curious to see how a hot crowds in Korakuen or Osaka or wherever take to the sports entertainment stuff in the main events moving forward.

Who do you see challenging Styles at Yokohama? Naito? Seems like everyone's wrapped up in something and you think they'd want a hot main event for a big arena.

Nobody.

As I wrote in the prologue in the review, I think the plan is to rotate title defenses. I think there is a good chance you see Okada & Styles on the opposite sides of a tag.

NJPW "BACK TO THE YOKOHAMA ARENA", 25.05.2014 (TV Asahi Ch. 2)
Yokohama Arena

1. Road to BEST OF THE SUPER Jr. XXI: Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Máscara Dorada & El Desperado vs. Ryusuke Taguchi, Alex Shelley, KUSHIDA & BUSHI
2. Special Eight Man Tag Match: Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi, Tomoaki Honma & Captain New Japan vs. Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga
3. NWA World Tag Team Title, 3 Way Match: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima © vs. Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs. Rob Conway & Wes Brisco
4. Special Tag Match: Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka vs. Minoru Suzuki & Shelton and Benjamin
5. Special Singles Match: Tetsuya Naito vs. Bad Luck Fale
6. Pro-Wrestling vs. Jiu-Jitsu Different Style Fight: Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Rolles Gracie
7. NEVER Openweight Title: Tomohiro Ishii © vs. Kota Ibushi
8. IWGP World Tag Team Title Contendership: Hiroshi Tanahashi & Togi Makabe vs. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata
9. IWGP Intercontinental Title - Pro-Wrestling vs. Jiu-Jitsu Different Style Fight: Shinsuke Nakamura © vs. Daniel Gracie
10. IWGP Heavyweight Title: AJ Styles/Michael Elgin (17.05.) © vs. Kazuchika Okada