Pro Wrestling Only

Low Blow Booking Podcast Ep.2 - Survivor Series 1992

LowBlow.jpg

Join Derek Cornett and Dave Hall on the Low Blow Booking Podcast as they take a look at Survivor Series 1992. They take the original card and the talent on the roster at the time and make it a more traditional Survivor Series event. See who stays, who goes, and who survives on this episode of the Low Blow Booking Podcast!

http://lowblowbookingpodcast.podbean.com/e/low-blow-booking-podcast-ep2-survivor-series-1992/

I loved this podcast. I've always enjoyed the classic elimination matches and found the actual version of this event sorely lacking without them. Your card was much better I thought. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical when hearing about Ric Flair palling around with The Beverly Brothers, but The Genius/Bobby Heenan alliance makes sense and I loved the name you came up with. Money Inc. financing Nailz' legal defense was a great idea too and even a nice call-back to DiBiase's role in Big Boss Man's initial babyface turn with Slick and Jake The Snake. I'll definitely be checking future episodes. :)

Yep. You do a great job in keeping things light while still offering an in-depth perspective on these things. Your enthusiasm shines through in the audio, for sure. And it's that energy that serves as the pulse of these shows. Definitely helps keep things lively throughout.

I dig the intro here. Gave us a nice little glimpse into the guest's line of thinking. Wouldn't mind a similar treatment as a recurring theme with future panelists, as they duck in & out of the revolving door to help guest book some stuff.

There were some neat ideas, considering how little room you guys actually had to play with at this point in history. Ya both did a tremendous job in touching base on all the comings & goings happening in the company though - which I found to be key in explaining why you structured the card the way you did. Good stuff there.

Ultimately, I think all the wrinkles were ironed out properly. All the right guys went over. Everyone that needed to shine - except for Ramon, really - got their moment to bask a bit. Can't fault you guys for going the route you eventually did with that match, and I could tell you toyed around with the decision first anyhow.

I liked the name for Flair's team, and I couldn't help but chuckle at the idea of Bobby's reaction to The Models foursome. But my fave name would have to go to The Reapers. Just a sweet-sounding label for Taker's troops right there, man.

And yeah. Building in back-stories for these feuds - and then even going a step further to project future paths for all these programs to go in is a nice bonus. Big thumbs up to the extra effort with these exercises so far, man.

Liking the sound of a LOT of the projects you've got lined up down the pike. Already pitched an idea your way, but here's another card-specific one I'd like to hear handled sometime...

WrestleMania 16. In retrospect, the card just feels like a clumsy cluster. I think there was something like ONE singles match on the entire card. It was advertised and branded as WrestleMania 2000, rather than "WrestleMania 16" to fit with the more traditional numbering system. The McMahon in every corner stipulation felt forced and contrived as last-minute desperation. Bringing a freshly retired Foley back was another sign of that. Just a really, really flat event that kind of hangs its hat on the Triangle Ladder Match precursor to the first real TLC later that summer.

I'd be very interested in hearing that one ripped apart and restructured into something with more substance and significance, if & when ya get the chance.