Pro Wrestling Only

Place to Be Podcast Episode 313: Kevin Kelly on First Half of WWE 2002

In this new episode of the Place to Be Podcast, our good friend Kevin Kelly stops by to talk about the first half of 20002 in WWE. He discusses Triple H's return, the nWo, his thoughts on blood in wrestling, where Edge ranks as a singles wrestler, WrestleMania X-8, the brand split, the change in company's name, wrestling's greatest feuds, the Plane Ride from Hell, the nostalgia era and much more. Don't forget to check out The Kevin Kelly Show also - only at Place to Be Nation.

Kevin Kelly is one of the most popular guests in Place to Be Podcast history. Kevin has joined Scott and Justin numerous times to share his backstage knowledge of the WWF landscape, starting with the Brian Pillman gun incident in 1996 and continuing with in-depth analysis of each subsequent calendar year. You can find all of Kevin’s appearances right here on Place to Be Nation. Enjoy!

http://placetobenation.com/place-to-be-podcast-episode-313-kevin-kelly-on-first-half-of-wwe-2002/

Always enjoy the insight Kevin brings in these things. You guys have a natural easy-going chemistry anyway, so yeah. Makes for entertaining conversation.

Loved the stories about first meeting Hogan & Linda towards the end. Classic.

The "nostalgia era" thing is something I know JR's been pushing. I honestly don't remember it kicking into overdrive with mainstream pop culture until about '04, but I like the theory and definitely see how one could connect the dots that far back.

Another good one, guys.

Always enjoy the insight Kevin brings in these things. You guys have a natural easy-going chemistry anyway, so yeah. Makes for entertaining conversation.

Loved the stories about first meeting Hogan & Linda towards the end. Classic.

The "nostalgia era" thing is something I know JR's been pushing. I honestly don't remember it kicking into overdrive with mainstream pop culture until about '04, but I like the theory and definitely see how one could connect the dots that far back.

Another good one, guys.

As much as everyone kids Scott, love to get someone who actually is older to compare when stuff from the '50s and '60s became popular in the retro vein that JR is talking about the 80s and 90s for comparison purposes.