Pro Wrestling Only

Daniel Puder = GONE~!

sek69

from WWE.com

Puder released

Sept. 12, 2005

Daniel Puder has been released from WWE.

Puder won last season's Tough Enough competition on SmackDown and was awarded a one-year guaranteed contract with a three year option. This past week, Puder's contract expired and WWE declined to exercise the option on the additional three years.

Check back here for more on Puder's release as it becomes available.

He was teaming with Ken "Mr. Kennedy" Anderson in OVW, so I guess this was expected. He had a good Ken Shamrock vibe in the matches I saw, he'd destroy people UFC style. I guess with Spike using Ultimate Fighter to stick it in WWE's ass, they didn't want a UFC style guy on the payroll.

WWE just informed Puder that they won't be picking up his contract when it ends, kind of like how they told the Dudleys in advance they weren't going to pick up theirs either.

It's a shame, the kid seemed to be really getting it in OVW. I wasn't expecting a callup after he pwned Angle on WWE TV, but I hope he sticks with wrestling.

Puder to TNA. I'm calling it now. He really seems like he'll fit in wrestling, or so I found in the little time I saw him. Actually was the only TE person I enjoyed watching.

Guest Famous Mortimer

What do people think of the developmental deal WWE are offering him? Is there a chance he can adapt to the WWE style or should he move on and try and stay in the wrestling business?