Pro Wrestling Only

Spandex Are Still Cool: Ketchup 2014

concrete1992

WELL HEY GUYS! I've been doing a thing where I give my thoughts on matches that I've missed in 2014. That can be viewed here https://spandexarestillcool.wordpress.com/category/ketchup-2014/

Now, I need some help. I'm incredibly indecisive so I'm looking for suggestions. Here's some guidelines if you will:

-I want to keep the posts focused on either one promotion, show, or wrestler

-I'm looking for things on YouTube or DM

-Only promotion I'd like to eliminate from the equation is CMLL. Everything else from indies to Japan to other promotions in Mexico are fair game

-Feel free to provide multiple groupings of suggestions.

-I'd prefer it be something you think I might like but I'm totally cool with it being some wrestlecrap

That's it. Would be really helpful if you guys sent some links.

Thanks for either giving the blog a read or giving a suggestion OR doing both if you are really cool.

PS I'll be doing another post like this at some point next month for the GWE project.

PPS I'll comment a link to each post made based on this thread IN this thread with PWO EXCLUSIVE thoughts. Though those aren't of high value probably.

I like your blog and review style. A lot of times folks try to hard to break every detail down (I'm guilty of this) and it doesn't have much of a flow to it. You hit what's necessary and stuff's easy to digest, also you seem to avoid going on tangents, and all this makes me want to actually watch some of these matches. (Though I already watched the Villano IV & Hechicero stuff)

I've got some ideas in mind, but how many matches do you want for a wrestler/promotion?

EDIT: I'm reading more and it seems like a 2 pack is the way to go (Forgive me, it's 6am) Just gonna go to my recommendation go-to guy in 2014 Atsushi Kotoge, a man who hails from NOAH and is known for his love of wearing pink.

vs. Takashi Sugiura (Feb. 3rd)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=301tNB-1MW0

with Taiji Ishimori vs. Zack Sabre Jr. & Yoshinari Ogawa (July 5th)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YqNzv7pHjo

Can I first say that is really appreciated? I know it'll never be great or anything since I'm not a terribly strong writer but since I already plan on recording my thoughts I might as well let the world see them. And I also notice when I'm trying to do a play-by-play write-up or something like that I can't really focus on the overall concept of the match and only the happenings. So can't grasp story or really emotion. Though I've toyed with the idea of trying my brand of STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS writing for a match.

Second, Kotoge is a fantastic choice for this. I've watched a good chunk of the major stuff, though I'll be hitting those matches for the blog eventually, but trying to really find some stuff maybe outside my own realm. Don't watch a ton of Kotoge but his work during King of Trios '11 was TONS of fun so I'll be really interested to see how he's improved.

I'm not against going beyond 2 matches it just seems to have been working out that way. Like, I have a Meiko Satomura post that'll probably be up tonight where I could only find 2 matches easily on the web that I thought looked interesting. Also not apposed to doing the same worker or promotion more than once if they have the stuff.

Again, really want to thank you for the feedback and the match recommendations. Us young lions need to stick together :P

Nah, it's okay. I don't think we all have to like everybody the same and your points were valid. I was considering all 3 of the other guys in the tag too but there's just something about Kotoge...maybe it was because I've followed this story from the start and seen him grow. That match was Sugiura's first match back from a relatively long injury hiatus and they also played up a grudge from before the injury where Sugi turned on BRAVE (The faction Kotoge's apart of that's led by Marufuji) to join No Mercy. I first saw that match from Ditch's site and I remember him saying something to the extent of what I felt and what won me over. He had such good underdog fire and babyface charisma he really made the crowd get into him I couldn't help but think he was the hidden gem of the NOAH Jr. scene. I think your criticisms are totally valid about his "Fire and Ice" selling in that match though in hindsight and I probably overrated it a tad, I guess it was hard to believe an Osaka Pro trained guy worked a match that well and it caught me by surprise the first time out. Still liked it though and thought the main headbutt spot was good in a "That may be legitamitely dangerous" kinda way and it made him look like more than some young punk Jr. to the fans. Glad you liked the tag at least a decent amount, even if it wasn't because of pinky. *Final note: He wore pink for most of his run but changed to white to match with Ishimori who also changed from full on yellow for the team.

Plus even if you hate every single person I nominate, we'll always have Hechicero in common. :)

I'll nominate again (staying away from NOAH for noqwthough there's still some more guys I'll go back to later). My second pick the first time was going to be Kana just to be different, but you just watched some Satomura and another Joshi gal so soon would be a bit redundant. Here I'll go to the British scene with another personal fav of mine as I stated in my introduction, James Mason and his tag team! With Deano. And I'm going 3 distinct matches here so lets look at it.

We've got a tag vs Dave Mastiff and Doug Williams from January.

A 6 Man match with Carl Curtis vs. Robbie Dynamite, Kayden Lay, and Zack Gibson from July.

And a singles match against each other! Also from July.

Zack Sabre Jr. post is now up. Two matches worked sorta around the same general theme. That being that ZSJ is talented.

http://spandexarestillcool.wordpress.com/2014/10/11/ketchup-2014-from-fancam-to-hd-the-zsj-story/

Not exactly sure who or where I'll be doing next. Certainly could be swayed towards practically anyone.