Pro Wrestling Only

Squared Circle Gazette Radio #18 - WWE.Com's Top 50 Heels In Wrestling History

So, as we had to postpone the Trial Of Eric Bischoff show due to scheduling conflicts, this week we decided to dive in to WWE.Com's Top 50 Heels in Wrestling History list that they put out a while ago, since it caught my eye as an interesting topic of discussion. So for those interested in rudo discussion, below is the link as we talk about the rankings, who should be higher or lower, who shouldn't be on at all, and some of the names that were inexplicably left off. A pretty fun show, check it out and let me know what you think.

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/play/zh9mjs/SCGRadio18-WWEComsTop50HeelsOfAllTime.mp3

And as a general discussion point, here was the list itself:

50. Batista
49. Randy Savage
48. Vickie Guerrero
47. Mark Henry
46. The Iron Sheik
45. Andre The Giant
44. Eric Bischoff
43. Eddie Guerrero
42. Brock Lesnar
41. Kane
40. Don Muraco
39. The Dudley Boyz
38. CM Punk
37. Ernie Ladd
36. Ivan Koloff
35. Paul Heyman
34. Abdullah The Butcher
33. Terry Funk
32. Randy Orton
31. Kevin Sullivan
30. Jerry Lawler
29. Raven
28. The Fabulous Moolah
27. Paul Orndorff
26. Nick Bockwinkel
25. Vader
24. Harley Race
23. Sgt. Slaughter
22. The Undertaker
21. Freddie Blasse
20. Edge
19. Jim Cornette
18. Killer Kowalski
17. Mr. Perfect
16. Sherri Martel
15. Chris Jericho
14. The (Original) Sheik
13. The Fabulous Freebirds
12. JBL
11. Rick Rude
10. Jake "The Snake" Roberts
9. Gorgeous George
8. Bobby Heenan
7."Superstar" Billy Graham
6.Triple H
5."Hollywood" Hogan
4.The Million Dollar Man, Ted DiBiase
3. Vince McMahon
2. Ric Flair & The Four Horsemen
1. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

For a last minute idea, you guys didn't miss a beat. it was a fun show. I laughed at Luke buying a gavel and ending up with the equivalent of gavel blue balls when the switch had to be made. Some random thoughts:

The moment you get to Randy Savage at 49 is when you know it's going to be an interesting slog through the list. I agree that the 40 to 30 stretch seems to be where they put heels from other territories just to say they were included. No way does Moolah belong on this list, they already had Sherri and Vickie on the list if female representation was needed. Edge is too high, he always had had to be paired with someone to be effective as a heel. It's tough trying to figure out who should be number one, although as you guys said the top three all have an argument. Overall, it was fun hearing the incredulous reactions to many of the placements on the list.

Haha, I did feel a little bad since Luke travelled a long way specifically to do the trial, but alas, this ended up being quite amusing in its own right, so thanks for the kind words.

Agreed on Savage's placement being pretty much the blaring siren that makes the whole list questionable. There was a whole section that got cut out where I challenged everybody to give their 1-2-3 ranking out of Edge, Jericho and Punk, and there's something about ranking Edge highly that seems hard to do for me...