Pro Wrestling Only

Which of the McMahons is the best performer?

JerryvonKramer

64 members have voted

1. 1. Best performer?

• Vince
    • Linda
    • Shane
    • Stephanie

I echo most of the Vince sentiments. You can question his business practices, but when it comes to his on-screen performances, there are few better. This question really is a no brainer. The only big downside I can see for Vince is that his success as a heel authority figure has paved the way for nearly two decades of promotions trying to recapture that spark, and for the most part, failing.

I could kind of understanding someone voting for Shane. He had some fun and sometimes sick brawls in the attitude era and beyond, but his body of work doesn't stand up to that of Vince's, regardless of whether you analyse his performances from an artistic or business perspective. His match against Test at Summerslam 1999 stands out as his greatest performance. Although it did get a bit ridiculous towards the end of his in-ring run where he was presented as an equal to the likes of Kane.

Stephanie has certainly improved in recent years compared to where she was upon first debuting. But when you start at the very bottom, you can only really go up. The current Authority run has already outstayed its welcome, yet her and Triple H look like they will be pushed even harder this year in the run up to some high profile matches at Mania 32. Also, her well documented, weekly emasculation of the WWE roster often does very little for me.

The votes for Linda have to be ribs. I'd love to hear a compelling argument that she is the 'best performer' of the four.

Vince, and it isn't even close. Stephanie might have the delivery but her content is awful, just cutting down babyfaces left and right for no good reason, emasculating everyone who's actually supposed to draw money or sell t-shirts in sight. I don't see how anyone can be fooled into thinking she's any good unless they've got the blinders on, just like with Bray Wyatt. Good delivery of dogshit promos. Plus she's got a face that deserves kicking straight and comes across like a generally deluded, unpleasant, disingenuous person, so yeah, fuck any Steph love.

The thing about Vince is that if Mr. McMahon humiliated someone or got one over on them, he almost ALWAYS got his in the end. I mean the only time I can think of him fucking with someone and not getting a comeuppance was when he shaved Eugene's head. Is there anyone else that didn't end up getting him back in the end? I mean Austin always got the best of him and that WrestleMania X-7 match against Shane was just one long string of everyone getting their revenge on him.

No one ever gets to Stephanie now.