Pro Wrestling Only

11/19 Impact! thoughts

sek69

When I posted the taping results, the reaction was basically that TNA was dumb for running Christian vs Monty so soon. Having seen the show, I think I can see where this is going and why it might just work.

So JJ is facing Rhyno at the PPV, and he mentioned that Raven's a former champ and didn't get a title shot. So make it part of the "Larry Z fucks with Raven" storyline and have Raven interfere in the match to stick it to Larry for not giving him a shot (meaning JJ retains). Then have Monty challenge JJ on the New Year's Eve show and have him Pounce Jeff back to 1997, now you have literally the whole year to have Christian chasing Monty for the NWA title.

Yeah, I liked that promo to end the show. Monty using big words to try and sound intellectual went over like a fart in church, but it drew the face/heel line while leaving a bit of wiggle room (fans that don't want a WWE guy beating a homegrown TNA guy will boo Christian) and Brown showed the most personality I've seen from him since I've started watching TNA.

The rest of the show was decent.

Guest Jack D. Ripper

For all the people that complained, I think Monty/Christian will be interesting. With proper booking it could be the major fued TNA needs. Both need to stay face, until the fued gets built up. It's way too soon for either to be the "heel".

Christian is exactly the kind of guy TNA needs. He can carry other people during promos, and make them better. Monty has some charisma, but he was alot better working off Christian. Christian interupting Monty and stopping him from saying pounce, was a great moment.