Pro Wrestling Only

[1979-08-31-Houston Wrestling] Nick Bockwinkel vs Bruiser Brody

shoe

Brody has not been a favorite of mine, and many others here on the board. Bockwinkle on the other hand has been loved by me and many others on the board. I've always thought Bockwinkle and Buddy Rose were the 2 best at having different types of matches. Here Bockwinkle has a match that looks totally different than what he has done previously.

This is 2 out of 3 falls. In the 1st fall it's all Brody. He just dominates Bock. Brody uses an incredible looking knee drop. He attacks Bock's neck. He uses the rope. Brody bites Bock's head and attacks it with head smashes. One back breaker later Brody goes over.

The 2nd fall starts with Brody taking it to Bock. An eye rake gives Bock some seperation. In payback Bock goes after Brody's neck. Brody is selling some here. Brody is back to biting. Brody misses a drop kick. Nick follows that up with a back breaker for the fall.

The 3rd fall turns into a spirited brawl. Brody is a bloody mess. They are throwing bombs at one another. A real fun match. 3 1/4*

Some other thoughts. I really liked how snug both guys worked. Brody in particular. I liked how they kept it to bare basics, and the finish seemed perfect with the story they were telling.

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [1979-08-31-Houston Wrestling] Nick Bockwinkel vs Bruiser Brody