Pro Wrestling Only

Kamala

Dylan Waco

To me there are a handful of wrestlers who do not have a resume filled with ***** matches, memorable promos or can't-miss programs that still deserve to make my top 100. Kamala is the leader of that pack.

His gimmick was scary, goofy, fun, non-politically correct, interesting, oh-my-God-what-the-hell?, unique and a special attraction. All of those things pretty much sum up why I love professional wrestling.

Kamala is not, and should not, win any awards for workrate, but his matches were always interesting to me because there were usually two going on: What is Kamala going to do against (insert opponent)? And what the hell is Kamala going to do in general (can he figure out how to tag in his partner? does he know to turn a guy on his back to pin him? can kim-chee keep him in line?).

Add in the belly pat, which is the most underrated schtick in all of wrestling, and Kamala makes my top 100.

(Side note: Kamala also wasn't a total stiff in the ring. Whenever he did a leap frog or flopped on guys from the top rope, I was impressed. He also had good matches w/ Andre, Hogan, Lawler and some fun stuff in Mexico as funkdoc mentioned.)