Pro Wrestling Only

[1979-12-28-Houston Wrestling] The Spoiler vs Ken Patera

shoe

This was a hard match to get a feel for. When thy announced the time limit at 15 it was really obvious we were getting a broadway. With no clear finish planned I thought the match lacked a strong narrative. It told a story, but if it was building to a finish I think the work would have been better. I thought Spoiler here was incredible with the teases of the claw. The actual claw, and all of the different variations of moves off the top ropes. I think I marked out the most when he was in the armbar and pretty much flipped out of it like a 160lb luchador. For Patera, I liked his charisma. I loved how he sold the avoiding of the claw. I loved how he ate all of Spoiler's offense. The big thing though his work on top was so boring and lacked any imagination. He was actively bad , at least try to cheat and get some heat. Yell at the fat kid in the front row. JJ Dillon was incredible too. The selling of Spoiler's punch with spitting the cigar high in the air was so awesome. 2 3/4*

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [1979-12-28-Houston Wrestling] The Spoiler vs Ken Patera