Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV: June 6 - June 12th: Better Late Than Never

fakeplastictrees

I have made it clear, over my time here, as to why I do not like the concept MITB nor the matches. However, the build to the matches is now becoming the worse offender. Just like with all WWE gimmick PPVs, when those PPVs are right-around-the-corner, wrestlers feel its time incorporate the gimmicks in their everyday lives. Guys like Kevin Owens who has no reason to constantly pull out ladders and wasn't before is all of a sudden, in a very un-natural and contrived way, doing exactly that. The reason? MITB is around the corner and the prop has to be showcased. Because if not then it will be easy for the people to forget that MITB is happening and that these guys are in MITB and everything will fall apart. Its all just too heavy-handed for me and hammy. I know expecting WWE to NOT be heavy-handed is like expecting Kesha to drop a "Thriller" like album or for Donald Trump to actually make America great again, but holy fuck! Six guys sitting on ladders cutting a promo might sound cool, but again it comes off really silly and contrived as what do ANY of them sitting on a ladder accomplishes. It would have been a better visual and made more sense (if WWE REALLY wanted to do this) is to have either Jericho or Owens cut a promo from a ladder on the stage while everyone else was in the ring looking at that person like he is the biggest dick in the world.

The Club vs New Day match on RAW was god damned perfect booking and perfect Pro Wrestling TV. You have Xavier looking tough, but taken out. Which is needed to cement New Day as babyfaces. Trust me, this was the cementing of the babyface turn. So now Kofi and Big E return to go 2 on three against these new assholes. More babyface cementing. Kofi brings back the Boom Drop to make it even more clear. They try but are overwhelmed by the numbers, and its AJ, the Leader and singles guy, who gets the pinfall. That's important. Then Cena comes out, and when it seems like he's gonna get fucked by the numbers, NEW DAY via a Kofi missile dropkick from nowhere saves the day as AJ gets hit and leaves the ring.! Big E hits his move on Anderson, (Not AJ)..Cena hits the AA on Gallows (again, not AJ) and the heels are sent packing as Cena and a now fully committed bad ass New Day , who will still be goofy and themselves but aiming the insults at bad guys, are ready to kick some more ass.