Pro Wrestling Only

[2015-02-22-K-DOJO] TAKA Michinoku vs Ayumu Honda

GOTNW

I've always held TAKA Michinoku in high regard and him cultivating such a badass house style in his own promotion is only going to help his 2026 GWE looks for me. This match. My god. What can I even say to do it justice. I'm astonished how simple doing pro wrestling right can be sometimes. This match consisted of nothing more than these two grappling. And it became something special. Not because they used big symbols, but because they used normal, usual, mundane symbols and turned them into something huge by mixing them up with a bunch of cool, beautiful looking matwork. When you know how to sell you can turn Headscissors and Armbars into viable nearfalls too. I loved how TAKA used Headlocks and Sleepers to set up his Crossface variations-maybe connecting smaller symbols with bigger symbols and thus increasing their importance is something that should be discussed more. Ayumu Honda is still the best and this ruled. ***1/4

• GSR changed the title to [2015-02-22-K-DOJO] TAKA Michinoku vs Ayumu Honda