Pro Wrestling Only

[2011-07-10-NOAH] Jun Akiyama vs Katsuhiko Nakajima

Superstar Sleeze

Jun Akiyama vs Katsuhiko Nakajima - NOAH 7/10/11

I love me some Nakajima. I am excited that he is in this years G1 Climax and hope he has an impressive showing. He was so damn good in the late 2000s, but with the decline of NOAH his star has faded. I was really excited when I saw this match up. It did not disappoint in the least bit. Nakajima was a ornery little muthafucka out to prove himself against Akiyama. Akiyama did not even get in the ring before Nakajima tried to take his head off. They did some fun M-Pro style crowd brawling, which I liked. Nakajima was just rifling Akiyama with kicks to the chest. They were great! I loved when Akiyama tried to run up behind Nakajima he stopped on a dime and pulverized Akiyama with a kick. Nakajima eventually got caught coming over the top with crossbody by a wicked knee. Akiyama threw him hard in the railing. It did not look good as Akiyama kicked his ass. That was the beauty of the match. It is very reminiscent of the first KENTA/Takayama. The size difference is not the same, but Nakajima comes out guns blazing, but you know at some point he is going to get caught and his ass going to get handed to him. Really nice top rope superplex by Akiyama. Nakajima survived a choke and a Exploder. Then all of sudden nearly kicked Akiyama's face off, which he sold like death. You are like Huh? Can the Wonder Kid pull this out? So wicked kicks to the head after Nakajima throws the ref away. BRAINBUSTER! Oh yeah, Kobashi is on commentary. That's cool. Nakajima cant put him away. Nakajima wants a German, but Akiyama hits TWO HUGE UPPERCUT KNEES! This being NOAH he needs like 8 million Exploders and knees to win the match, but you get the point. Great Heavyweight vet vs junior heavyweight rookie. Loved getting to see Nakajima again so much fire and passion. ****

• GSR changed the title to [2011-07-10-NOAH] Jun Akiyama vs Katsuhiko Nakajima