Pro Wrestling Only

List of wrestlers better than Sgt. Slaughter

Guest DylanWaco

I was thinking more on the Austin side, but HHH wasn't noticably bad at it. In fact, I think it's one of his best performances.

Anyway, part of the story was that he was cool and calculatingly evil, whereas Austin was in your face.

I actually don't rate that match as high as I used to, but it's still one of my favourite matches. I may get a review up in a couple of weeks if I have time.

Oh and Tim I've read your comments about the match on the old Smarkschoice board. I may try and dig it out.

That match was just typical WWF main event. Horrible wrestling with ok match structure, and overbooked to the nth degree. I thought Trips was better than Austin, considering Austin's early selling was non-existant (like after Trips' knee attack), and his offense, as usual, looked like it wouldn't crack an egg. Based on my rating, I would call it "good", but I'd also say there's about 100 better matches from 2001-present day. It just seemed a whole lot worse knowing that at least one person gave it a ****3/4 rating.

Slaughter's become one of my favorite workers over the last couple of years. There's just a bunch of little things, like getting a near fall and then dropping a knee on a guy before trying another pin, that I enjoy. It shows how weak the current roster is when he comes out of retirement at his age and bumps better than guys half his age.