Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-03-05-WWE-Fastlane] Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman

shoe

Braun standing tall early. This has feel and aura of a UWF hoss fight. Strowman just tossing Roman around. Reigns has no answers for Braun. Strowman is putting pressure on the back of Reigns. Braun continues the heat, until he misses Reigns and hits the post shoulder 1st. Reigns on a comeback. Reigns almost steals the match with a Samoan drop. Braun cuts off the Superman Punch. All Braun again until he misses a big boot and does a turnbuckle bump to the floor. Roman tries to take the monster down only to take a power slam through a table. I thought Reigns recovered from that way too quickly. 2 Supermen punches, and Braun still stands, and cuts off Roman. Super splash from the top by Braun, but misses. Roman hits the spear and steals a victory. Loved the finish, and it protects Braun. 3 3/4*

It was pretty good. Roman is at his best when he's against a guy who can throw him around, as he's actually a great bumper and seller, so Strowman chucking him around was dope. Braun continues to have the most amazing improvement since the draft, benefiting more from the split more than anyone on either side. I read a lot at various places of complaining about how Roman made Braun look weak and ruined him (because fuck Roman etc etc), but those people are idiots. Braun kicked out of a spear, injured his knee, then missed a crazy superfly splash to get hit with another spear. He really couldn't have been protected more without having Roman use weapons or something.

Braun continues to be the best part of Raw for 8 months running.

Nice match, we know Reigns works well underneath especially against monsters and that's gonna be amplified with somebody like Strowman. I really liked Strowman countering a lot of Reigns' bombs initially to set up the desire of seeing how they'd actually be hit later. However the "runs into post" transition has become an epidemic in WWE to a point where it's a drinking game if you watch a show but at least with Braun it looks brutal to see someone that size hit a stationary object. And they let him kickout of a spear, put an injury angle into play and had his loss be setup by him trying something out of his element so consider him protected as far as I'm concerned. He even started moving around instantly after the three count.

• GSR changed the title to [2017-03-05-WWE-Fastlane] Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman