Pro Wrestling Only

WWE discontinues WM Box Set?

sek69

Guest teke184

I think that one may have been a limited edition.

For one thing, I don't think a huge amount of people are going to plunk down $140+ at once to get the 21+ disc set when they can just get the "bite-sized" 5-show box sets instead.

The set was for a limited time only (not just the rare black set with Vince McMahon's signature inside) but also the more common holograph one.

There's also the possibility that due to the missed censoring of "WWF" on occasion (bound to happen when you may have to edit 18 shows) that a certain someone caught wind of it and discontinued the set. I'm betting on the above reason though.

I was watching WM 15 tonight and not only did the miss a blur on one of the roughly 5 zillion people running around ringside with the WWF Attitude shirts, they missed it during the women's match when Cole mentioned that they still had 2 more title matches, the European title and the WWF title. They did however change the Rock's chyron to read "WWE Champion" which looked pretty odd.

I haven't been watching blur-era WWF much, but I seem to remember the blur being more (for lack of a better term) blurry. Back when they first started it, you couldn't tell what was being censored, but you could can still see the scratch logo through the blurs now it seems.

I've been getting the discs from Netflix, and they've got to be the shittiest and most easily scratched DVDs I've seen in years. They look like shit from back when DVDs first came out and people were figuring out the whole disc art thing. I've had to get replacements to at least 4 of them because they were too scratched to play. It's embarrassing for a multi-million dollar company to release shit like that.

The packaging's even worse. A disc on the box lid? How fucking ghetto is that?

I'd guess it's like, all of the above. People don't want to hear WWF get censored. They don't want to see WWF get censored. They don't want to shill out all that money for an altered product. The fucking 21-disk was just slapped on top. It's just all the factors slapped together is what I'd guess. I'd guess it was discontinued because it wasn't making as much money as WWE had envisioned it would. Just trash.

I don't know if him thinking that would be a bad thing though. I mean, he knows that people bought the Ric Flair DVD. He knows that the ECW DVD and the Road Warriors DVD, etc. all do well. Instead of doing box sets, maybe they'll just release more specific DVDs? Of course, that means we'll never get a Survivor Series boxset or a Royal Rumble boxset and whatnot, which sucks, but if we're getting Steamboat DVDs and shit, I won't complain.

Too bad we can't get both. :(

I was watching WM 15 tonight and not only did the miss a blur on one of the roughly 5 zillion people running around ringside with the WWF Attitude shirts, they missed it during the women's match when Cole mentioned that they still had 2 more title matches, the European title and the WWF title. They did however change the Rock's chyron to read "WWE Champion" which looked pretty odd.

I haven't been watching blur-era WWF much, but I seem to remember the blur being more (for lack of a better term) blurry. Back when they first started it, you couldn't tell what was being censored, but you could can still see the scratch logo through the blurs now it seems.

That's nothing. If you watch certain releases they've done (not just the box set), they've blurred out fans' signs that either have "WWF" written on them or the WWF Attitude logo.

My box set was actually quite fine, including the WM21 disc. I've heard stories that some people had their disc never fully secured, or it was too secured and damn near impossible to remove for use. Haven't had a problem with either. In fact, all my discs are in perfect shape. Thank God I had better luck with this set than with some other WWE DVDs I've purchased.