Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-05-17-WCW-Thunder] Konnan & Rey Mysterio Jr & Juventud Guerrera & Disco Inferno vs Gen. Rection & Lt. Loco & Crpl. Cajun & Major Stash

soup23

The Filthy Animals stalk to the ring. They play up the gimmick that Disco doesn’t fit along with the rest of the group but I think it is a detractor. Konnan calls out anybody and MIA answers the challenge. Major Gunns is brand new and she never had any charisma at all as a performer. The action here is good while it lasts with Major Stash (Van Hammer) shockingly looking good. Shawn Stasiak comes out and takes out Chavo. Booker T comes out as a result and he goes after Stasiak. This unfortunately made the Animals and MIA look secondary and they were able to have an entertaining match. Major Gunns gives Chavo mouth to mouth to revive him. **

• 3 months later...

Juvi is ripping off The Rock with “finally the Juice has come back to…” and Christ does it make him look cheap. Disco attacks LaRoux from behind whilst he’s doing his catchphrase and puts the boots to his mid-section. Lash reverses the Irish whip to the turnbuckles and every member of the M.I.A. takes it in turns to splash him in the corner. Major Gunns enters the ring (and from the wrong side as the Filty Animals have to move out the way for her), but the camera cuts to a shot of the crowd so we don’t see what she does. Disco with an eye rake to Van Hammer and he tags in Juvi who dropkicks his leg ‘to try and bring him down to size.’ Hammer actually looks like a giant compared to the rest of the Animals and M.I.A., he’s so much bigger than everyone else. Top rope frankensteiner by ‘the Juice’, but he plays to the crowd instead of following up. That gives Hammer the chance to regain his senses and he hits this awesome delayed superplex. Hugh Morrus misses an elbow and tag to Rey. He unloads on Hugh in the corner, bronco buster, however ‘the Captain’ catches him. Rey’s on his shoulders and raining down blows while Hugh is staggering around. Eventually he’s able to drop him, but Hugh falls face first to the canvas powerbombing Rey in the process. Shawn Stasiak is out and lurking on the rampway and when Chavo hits the ropes, he pulls them down, Chavo flys over and the Filthy Animals are DQ’d. Yes, a DQ! Stasiak DDT’s Chavo on the rampway as the Animals attack the M.I.A. Booker T makes the save, singlehandedly cleaning house and Major Gunns gives Chavo mouth to mouth ‘to revive him’.

Major Gunns is one of my least favourite women in wrestling ever. I don’t find her attractive in the slightest so she doesn’t work in the sex symbol role that she’s meant to be, plus she seems completely clueless. Like why on earth did she enter the ring from the Filthy Animals’ corner? After everything we’ve witnessed these past couple of months, we then get a DQ for someone pulling down the top rope. What did Mark Madden say about “no phony DQ’s here”? If the Animals were DQ’d for Stasiak’s involvement, why weren’t the M.I.A. DQ’d when Major Gunns’ interfered? Best thing about this was Van Hammer’s awesome delayed superplex on Juvi. And that’s probably the only time you’ll say he was involved in the best part of the match when Rey, Juvi, Chavo and Lash are in the same one.

Major Gunns is one of my least favourite women in wrestling ever. I don’t find her attractive in the slightest so she doesn’t work in the sex symbol role that she’s meant to be, plus she seems completely clueless. Like why on earth did she enter the ring from the Filthy Animals’ corner? After everything we’ve witnessed these past couple of months, we then get a DQ for someone pulling down the top rope. What did Mark Madden say about “no phony DQ’s here”? If the Animals were DQ’s for Stasiak’s involvement, why weren’t the M.I.A. DQ’d when Major Gunns’ interfered? Best thing about this was Van Hammer’s awesome delayed superplex on Juvi. And that’s probably the only time you’ll say he was involved in the best part of the match when Rey, Juvi, Chavo and Lash are in the same match.

Agree on this. I didn't like Major Gunns watching this stuff as a 14 year old boy that was more sexually charged and I like her less now going through the stuff again.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-05-17-WCW-Thunder] Konnan & Rey Mysterio Jr & Juventud Guerrera & Disco Inferno vs Gen. Rection & Lt. Loco & Crpl. Cajun & Major Stash