Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-06-03-MCW-TV] Todd Morton vs Fabulous Rocker (Hardcore Ladder)

soup23

Rocker has some words for Morton calling him out and Morton obliges. I love how annoyed Lance is at Morton cursing on the mic. "All right, Todd Morton, enough." This was a 3 minute ladder match which I don't know if I have seen before. They right away go into the ladder. Bull comes into for interference but the beer can hits Morton and Rocker picks up the win. I'm Too Sexy is Rocker's theme song which I think was a requirement for every Memphis talent from 1992 onward. 1/2*

• 5 months later...

A ladder carrying Fabulous Rocker walks out to Right Said Fred, as Lance Russell says how he’s an ‘unusual guy’, whatever that means! He calls out ‘the biggest little man’ Todd Morton and challenges him to a ‘hardcore ladder match’. Morton accepts and also now appears to be a face judging by the crowd’s reaction to him. There’s no feeling out process here, as Morton immediately reverses a whip to the turnbuckles sending Rocker crashing into the ladder that he’d positioned there when he first entered the ring. He looks to splash him against it, but Rocker moves out the way and goes flying into the ladder himself. Spinning heel kick barely connects but Morton sells it anyway. Arabian moonsault for two. Rocker jabs the ladder into Morton’s ribs, places it on top of him and then comes off the middle with a springboard legdrop. Moonsault off the second top rung of the ladder but no-one’s home. Morton grabs hold of the Rocker, only for Bull Pain and Al K. Holic to start arguing amongst themselves over who gets to clobber him. They decide on Bull, but he ends up hitting Morton with his beer can as the Rocker moves out the way. Rocker dropkicks Bull into Al K. and covers Morton for the win. Morton holds the pair of them responsible for the loss, spending too long arguing, and leaves without them as dissension is brewing between the Kick Ass guys.

Not sure why this was called a ‘ladder’ match when pinfalls were in operation and there was nothing to retrieve? Just call it a ‘hardcore’ match, which is what it was. Rocker seems to fancy himself as some sort of junior flyer but everything he did (Arabian moonsault, springboard ledrop, moonsault (which he landed on his knees from)) all looked sloppy. Poor match.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-06-03-MCW-TV] Todd Morton vs Fabulous Rocker (Hardcore Ladder)