Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-08-11-NJPW-G1 Climax] Tomohiro Ishii vs Zack Sabre Jr

ShittyLittleBoots

These two have an absolutely incredible chemistry with each other. I thought their match from the G1 Special in USA was the best match from those shows & here they had an even better one. This followed the same story as that one - Ishii's superior striking & toughness vs. Zack's brutal submission game & limb targeting. Terrific storytelling with both guys playing their roles to perfection - Zack was on point with everything he did, I thought he did a great job selling Ishii's strikes & the desperation with his facial expressions. Oh & Ishii, my goodness - the Stone Pitbull once again proved why he is one of the, if not THE best seller in wrestling today. He sold everything ZSJ did perfectly - the drama every time when Zack locked in some submission was amazing. All of that combined with the fantastic Ryogoku atmosphere = GOLD. Fantastic match. ****3/4

• GSR changed the title to [2017-08-11-NJPW-G1 Climax] Tomohiro Ishii vs Zack Sabre Jr