Pro Wrestling Only

3/20 Observer Notes

Strummer

DVDVR:

Jim Ross had been estranged from the WWE for real, and even moved from Conn. Back to Oklahoma, which was part of the problem that started it all. Ross is no longer a major executive, Ross has been working as a TV consultant, and house show booker, and payoff man.

SNME announcing crew will be Ross, Lawler and Tazz.

Ross will host the Hall of Fame banquet as well

Vince made Ken Kennedy switch from his original name of ken Anderson due to Vince?s dislike for Ole Anderson

TNA has been talking about having a Arm Wrestling match between Bob Armstrong and Konnan take place in a steel cage at Lockdown (God I love superfluous wrestling gimmicks)

In ROH Bryan Danielson was doing a promo scolding the fans for shouting vulgarities with a 5 year old girl in attendance. The little girl then flipped off Danielson with both hands, and the crowd broke out with a ?She?s hardcore!? chant.

Larry Zybysko is having hair restoration surgery done, so he will be losing his hair in TNA soon, more than likely with Raven involved

Backlash?s line up looks to be: RVD vs Shelton, Cena vs HHH and Show and Kane vs Carlito and Masters

WWE gets $13.79 of each PPV buy

Vince McMahon is under a WWE talent contract, signed for a million a year that has since been waived. His contract expires oct 2007. Being a contracted talent may make him eligible to be tested for steroids.

Giant Dalip Singh has been pulled from SD! Post WM plans. He was originally going to be in a 3 way vs Mark Henry and Undertaker at Wrestlemania

Greg Helms will be out a month with his nose injury

Foley will be writing a 3rd installment of his autobiography, and Tietem Brown is being green lit as a movie

Hardcore Holly has been out with an elbow injury

John Cena?s dad works as a heel manager in the indies

Guest teke184

Can I get a "Holy demotion, Batman!" with regards to Jim Ross?

JR wanted it that way... he wanted to concentrate on announcing rather than the talent-manager BS and so forth.

I'd hate to have the Talent Relations or whatever the fuck the offical name for JR's old job is. No matter what, everyone's going to hate you since you're the guy who has to tell someone they just got shitcanned. You'd eventually end up in a position of having to fire someone you're friends with.

Guest teke184

I'd hate to have the Talent Relations or whatever the fuck the offical name for JR's old job is. No matter what, everyone's going to hate you since you're the guy who has to tell someone they just got shitcanned. You'd eventually end up in a position of having to fire someone you're friends with.

Not only that, but that position is also a way for Vince to play "good cop, bad cop" with the wrestlers.

Whenever unpopular decisions occur, they come through the Talent Relations head rather than Vince, no matter who came up with them originally.

JJ Dillon has said as much about his run as the head of Talent Relations, which ran from roughly the late 1980s to the mid-1990s and included the period in which steroid testing was implemented.

(He jumped from the NWA to the WWF just after the Crockett sale to Turner in 1988 and lasted through probably 1995.)

The working times aren't exactly thrilling either. I think I remember JR saying in an interview years back that he had THREE days off per month. Total. For the record, he had each Saturday off, unless a pay-per-view was the following day. I can't imagine working that much, especially in a position as thankless as that.