Pro Wrestling Only

[2007-09-03-WWE-Raw] Umaga vs Jeff Hardy

Superstar Sleeze

WWE Intercontinental Champion Umaga vs Jeff Hardy - RAW 9/3/07

Fun fact: This is the first match from the first RAW I watched at the University of Michigan my freshman year. This caused three dudes on my floor to all go "Is that Jeff Hardy? He still wrestles? Has anything changed?" This also right after the infamous App State upset (yes that was my freshman year and first game in the Big House) and this match is emanating from Ohio State. But the good news is that my boy, Jeff Hardy won the Intercontinental Championship! Liked this as a TV match. Umaga again generating hope spots for Jeff. Hitting the buckles hard letting Jeff try the ten count punches before pushing him. Nutty bump by Jeff taking a superkick off the apron and going splat on the floor. Again long Vulcan nerve pinch. Umaga misses the flying headbutt and here we go. Even though this is a Buckeye crowd, I liked them. They were popping for Jeff's nearfall (whisper in the wind). I tell you what I really dug. Jeff comes off the middle rope, catch and big out of control slam by Umaga. No reaction. Goes for the cover. No reaction. 1-2-KICK OUT! BIG POP! That's when the WRESTLER is over NOT the move! I LOVE THAT! This crowd wanted to see Jeff Hardy win the title. They were invested in the decision. Jeff knocks Umaga off the top rope who takes quite tumble. 1-2-3! Umaga bucks him off wildly but the three goes down in the record books for Jeff. Loved the finish. Protects Umaga, but it is very convincing because he took quite the spill. Really enjoyable. ***1/4

• GSR changed the title to [2007-09-03-WWE-Raw] Umaga vs Jeff Hardy