Pro Wrestling Only

[2009-07-23-WWE-Superstars] William Regal vs Christian

Superstar Sleeze

William Regal vs Christian - Superstars 7/23/09

WATERPROOF BLONDE! If you close your eyes...I forgot how much I loved Christian's entrance music. Context, William Regal moved to ECW where Christian had been since his return to WWE. Supposedly Christian's ECW run is an all-time great TV match run so I am excited to check it out. I thought this was a great, solid pro wrestling match between two vets. You have the gritty William Regal against the never say die babyface in Christian. Christian is a damn good bumper for a babyface. He eats cement on a plancha and then Regal just shoves him off the top rope to the floor. Both pretty intense bumps. Christian was also good at timing his hope spots to remind you that he was still there. Christian has a good dropkick which he showed when Regal was on the floor at the beginning and one from the middle rope. Strong finish run...Christian misses a top rope headbutt. Regal smartly goes for the pin, but only gets two. He hits his half nelson suplex, but only gets two. He goes for the running knee, but instead it is a sunset flip to give Christian the win. A fun little TV match where Christian gets in some big bumps, some good offense and picks up the win with a sunset flip and Regal gets to be nasty. ***1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2009-07-23-WWE-Superstars] William Regal vs Christian