Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-11-23-DDT] Konosuke Takeshita & Akito vs HARASHIMA & Naomichi Marufuji

superkix

The best match of the show, in my opinion, and one of the better tag matches of the year. Terrific chemistry between all four guys, and while the double team stuff looked a little off, the one-on-one interactions were the bread-and-butter. I really liked the opening exchanges, especially the back-and-forth on the mat between Akito and HARASHIMA. I'm a big fan of Akito's legwork as he's always finding creative ways to keep it fresh, and the set-up to it here was great, with him pestering HARASHIMA to the point he gets caught up in the ropes. The exchanges between Takeshita and Marufuji felt special, and for once, Marufuji was out-chopped. Good build to the home stretch with plenty of action and Akito bringing the focus back to HARASHIMA's leg. He's able to catch the first Somato attempt, putting HARASHIMA in the figure-four leglock...which gets broken up by an awesome leaping double stomp to the face courtesy of Marufuji. I loved the final few minutes of the match, with Akito doing these shitty little stomps and kicks to HARASHIMA’s injured leg, HARASHIMA finally no selling it, then just stiffing the hell out of him with a punt kick to the grill and brutal stomps to the head. He polishes him off with one of the best looking Somatos I've seen in awhile.

• GSR changed the title to [2017-11-23-DDT] Konosuke Takeshita & Akito vs HARASHIMA & Naomichi Marufuji