Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-10-15-ECW-Hardcore TV] Little Guido & Tony Mamaluke vs Danny Doring & Roadkill

soup23

Another fun as shit tag match between these guys. They have a formula that works so well of good stand off matchups to begin and then a nice heat segment leading to a huge Roadkill hot tag. Roadkill is becoming one of my favorite hot tag guys in history as he is spot on every time he comes in. FBI bump like crazy for him when he does enter in. Sal really interjects in this match once the referee is out as he gives the big Bonsai Drop to Roadkill allowing FBI to again escape with the win. They have built Doring/Roadkill up well that they need to win the titles soon. ***1/4 (6.7)

• GSR changed the title to [2000-10-15-ECW-Hardcore TV] Little Guido & Tony Mamaluke vs Danny Doring & Roadkill
  • 11 months later...

Doring and Roadkill believe that they are the uncrowned ECW tag team champions and claim that “tonight is the night”.  Joey Styles seems to agree with them, saying how if it wasn’t for the interference of Big Sal they would undoubtedly be.  As much as I have been enjoying the ECW tag team division recently you realise how little depth there actually is when Cyrus talks about York & Matthews and Da Baldies as being contenders for the FBI.  Blind tag by Roadkill who bulldogs Mamaluke from behind.  He tries a bodyscissors against his much larger opponent but gets planted to the mat.  Guido charges, however he gets backdropped and then slammed in the corner.  After a middle rope elbow Guido rolls to the outside where he’s floored by an airborne Doring, vaulting off his partner’s back.  Roadkill launches himself from the apron at Big Sal hoping to take him out of the equation.  I will say that Roadkill’s posing and playing to the fans is bordering on Van Dam territory with how often he is doing it.  Mamaluke is caught when he tries to surprise him and he holds him in place for Doring to deliver the ‘Lancaster Lariat of Lust’.  As the challengers set him up for the ‘Buggy Bang’ Mamaluke counters while Guido shoves Doring off the top turnbuckle.  ‘Sicilian slice’ for a two.  Doring ducks under the clothesline and hits the ‘G-Spot sweep’ as both men make the tag.  Roadkill continues to be a great bullying hot tag as he throws the FBI around.  ‘Barn Burner’ on Guido and a huge ‘Amish bomb’ for Mamaluke.  Double running splash in the corner, but it turns out the FBI pulled referee Mike Kehner in front of them and he takes the brunt of it.  Doring and Roadkill finally hit the ‘Buggy Bang’, although there’s no-one to count the fall as Doring gets another visual pin.  Big Sal is in and he drops a leg to the back of Doring’s neck before turning his attention to Roadkill, chokeslamming him and then delivering a ‘Bonzai Drop’.  He drags Mamaluke on top of Doring, puts Guido on top of Roadkill before reviving the official, Sal having screwed the challengers out of the belts for a third time.

I can’t believe they did this finish for a third time!  I said how I would’ve booked the title change at Anarchy Rulz, if you’re not doing it there then certainly do it the next time the teams meet.  After they’ve retained the belts Joey Styles talks about Sal being the difference maker and how they’ll never be able to defeat the FBI while he’s at ringside.  That certainly hints at Doring and Roadkill getting an equalizer in their corner, I can’t help but wonder if it’s too late though now?