Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-10-20-IWA-MS-KOTDM 2000: Night One] Cash Flo vs Rollin' Hard (Four Corners of Pain)

soup23

Surprisingly this was the MOTN considering Hard is shoddy usually and Flo can be sporadic. They built to the four corners and hit most of those spots well enough including Flo going through the mousetraps bare backed. It looks like they had some insulation on one side of the ring as a weapon which was unique and something I had never seen. Even the finish built up pretty well with Hard having to work hard to gain the victory. Perfectly serviceable hardcore wrestling. **3/4

• GSR changed the title to [2000-10-20-IWA-MS-KOTDM 2000: Night One] Cash Flo vs Rollin' Hard (Four Corners of Pain)
  • 7 months later...

You’d think the Von Erich’s had took a wrong turning and entered the IWA warehouse with all the screams that Cash Flo gets from the females in attendance.  I’ve never remotely considered him a “sex symbol”, however that’s what these fans seem to see him as.  Cash takes it upon himself to do his own introduction because for too long Jim Fannin has messed it up.  They each slap the other, pretty weakly across the face, before Cash tackles Rollin and unloads with a bit of ground and pound.  He throws him through the ropes to the outside where he bashes him over the head with a tack covered baseball bat.  Hard blocks being hit with a metal sign and gets in a shot with a sign of his own.  It looks like roof insulation is laid out along one side of the ring which is something I haven’t seen previously.  With Rollin seated in the corner, Cash places a sign between his legs and baseball slide dropkicks it.  He uses something to attach a dollar bill to his forehead, this in the days before a stapler was a staple in Hardcore matches.  Flo takes too long in his furniture arranging and is clubbed from behind.  Rollin fires off some jabs but his footwork is hardly reminiscent of Muhammad Ali.  The two fight it out on the apron and Cash with a flatliner from there and into the furniture that he had been arranging earlier.  With the help of security he then bridges a barbed wire board between two chairs on the concrete.  Hard puts on a barbed wire crown and nuts Flo in both the head and groin.  As he drags him out to the apron Cash shoulder charges him in the mid-section.  He goes for a sunset flip powerbomb to the floor and through the barbed wire board, however accidentally knocks the board off the chairs with his feet prior to impact.  They move to the other side of the ring where Cash sits Rollin in a chair just in front of a pit of mousetraps.  He heads upstairs, coming off the top with a cannonball, but Rollin moves and he lands in the mousetraps himself.  There is a lot of “I take a big bump, you take a big bump” when it comes to these Hardcore matches.  Hard brings a bunch of light tubes into the ring, although following the trend I’ve just mentioned, it is Cash who ends up spinebusting him into them.  Wow, 450 splash by Flo that Rollin kicks out of.  As he heads back to the top, Rollin falls into the ropes causing him to lose his balance.  ‘Death Valley Driver’ into the light tubes and Hard moves on.  Quick post-match interviews from both as Rollin promises that tomorrow “they’re going to tear this mutha fucker up!”

Best match of night one and for the main event of the show I thought this over-delivered considering it involved Rollin.