Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-10-28-IWA-PR-Heavyweight Title Tournament] Glamour Boy Shane vs Super Crazy

soup23

I had the match structure messed up so this is actually the opener and it was a pretty fun match. Shane has good crowd support and they both went out and had an enjoyable opening match tilt without doing too much. Crazy I thought looked good reigning in Shane but also letting him shine when needed. I thought both Crazy and Tajiri did good highlighting the Puerto Rican mainstays and helping push them over. **1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2000-10-28-IWA-PR-Heavyweight Title Tournament] Glamour Boy Shane vs Super Crazy
  • 8 months later...

Shane clearly wasn’t doing any scouting of Super Crazy last night as, just like Rastaman, he gets dropkicked from behind when he turns his back on him at the opening bell.  GBS ducks a clothesline and fires back, every one of those shots getting a strong reaction from the crowd.  Spinebuster for a two.  After a huge running lariat in the corner he again whips him to the turnbuckles, however Crazy slides under the bottom rope to the floor and when Shane chases after him he ends up getting caught with a spinning wheel kick on returning to the ring.  Big running lariat, this time by Crazy, who gets a near fall following a double jump moonsault.  He telegraphs the backdrop and Shane with a powerbomb, only just managing to keep hold of his opponent.  The Glamour Boy can’t capitalize though as Crazy spikes him on his head with a Michinoku Driver.  Consecutive moonsaults off every turnbuckle and, for the first time I can remember, Crazy slips off the top one and takes a very nasty looking landing on his head.  I think Shane got his knees up anyway but couldn’t clearly tell.  As he heads upstairs himself Crazy cuts him off and hits a top rope rana.  He goes for a second regulation one, this time Shane keeps hold and rolls through catching him with a sunset flip for the win.

A good match for what it was, but it felt like it was over before it had a chance to get going.