Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Purchases Stampede Library

sek69

From Meltz:

We don't have this confirmed at press time, but it is likely the complete Stampede Wrestling collection was purchased by WWE from Ross Hart. Sources at The Fight Network, which had been airing old Stampede footage, were also told on May 23rd that the sale was completed. We also know Hart had been talking to WWE about selling the collection. We should have confirmation if the deal is completed next week. Of late, WWE has bought tape collections when they need them, and with the Brian Pillman DVD coming out soon, there is now a time sensitive reason to buy the tapes. The World Class tapes and St. Louis tapes haven't even been made an offer for, even though WWE opened talks about buying both collections around a year ago.

With the Pillman DVD, and the impending debuts of Harry Smith and Nattie Neidhart (she's rumored to sign after recovering from knee surgery) I figured Vince would be getting the Stampede footage soon.

I just hope they don't do anything stupid considering they have tons more footage featuring Bret and Owen.

I don't know why people keep saying that Stampede is on the Fight Network.  I now get the Fight Network, and Stampede isn't on there.  They have ROH, they have FMW, NOAH, Memphis and St. Louis...but no Stampede.

Sources at The Fight Network, which had been airing old Stampede footage, were also told on May 23rd that the sale was completed.

That was last Tuesday, so The Fight Network wouldn't be running Stampede now if the story is factual.