Pro Wrestling Only

So why isn't Tatanka on SmackDown?

sek69

When Tatanka made his return to WWE, a lot of people were barely able to stifle laughter at the thought of a guy from the cartoon era wrestling in 2006. Yet when he did make it back on TV, pretty much everyone was impressed at not only the shape he was in, but how he was still pretty decent in the ring and took bumps some of the youngin's would hesitate taking.

Considering SD's roster is pretty much barebones now due to injuries and ECW needing a talent pool, I can't figure out why someone like Tatanka is still jerking the curtain on Velocity. I'm not saying he deserves the title, or even a main event push for that matter, but Finlay's proven that there's room in the midcard for a middle aged guy who can still go.

It looked like they were going to do something with him, with the promos running about him getting back to his roots (which seemed bizarre considering his gimmick was already as back to his roots as he could get without declaring war on the white man) but that seems to be dropped already.

I guess they're too busy running return videos of Batista & Kennedy, showing not one but TWO See No Evil ads (weeks after the theatrical release), having Great Khali on Piper's Pit and having Vito come out in drag.

Honestly though, I don't want to see Tatanka on Smackdown. I'd just get upset if he ever went over anyone.

I'd just get upset if he ever went over anyone.

Why is that? He's proven to be a perfectly acceptable wrestler and SD is in dire need of warm bodies to fill a 2 hour show these days.

The "he's old" argument is not an allowable answer since he's younger than Finlay, the same age as Booker, and only 3 years older than Batista.

Guest DylanWaco

Actually I think Tatanka and Finlay could have a REALLY good series, as they work a sorta similar style at this point based around stiff strikes, quick movements, delibrate holds and really brutal looking slams. I actually think Tatanka's Samoan Drop is the nastiest move currently utilzed in the company.