Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-10-28-IWA-PR-Heavyweight Title Tournament] Chicky Starr & Victor the Bodyguard vs Vyzago & Andy Anderson

soup23

Going to go ahead and ask for Boriuca to provide me a solid and some insight here as this was just clips horribly edited together by RF video. It appears we are watching almost the entire show the next day and the matches are longer so hopefully that gives us better context. With what we saw here, I couldn't really tell the teams apart and it was a garbage brawl of weapon shots and a lot of blood. NR

• 1 month later...

RF fancam of an IWA-PR house show, although the match has been edited by someone who has a fetish for seeing people hit each other over the head with weapons! Literally its wrestler hits other wrestler with crutch/trash can/metal sheet/barbed wire board (delete accordingly), cut, wrestler hits other wrestler with crutch/trash can/metal sheet/barbed wire board (delete accordingly), cut and so it goes on. I know who Chicky and Victor are, but no idea in identifying who is who in the opposition. All four men bleed with the chap in the white T-shirt juicing a gusher, as there are puddles of his blood on the arena floor and that white top ends up turning pink. It looks like we have a title change as Chicky is pinned after, I think, running into an uppercut (bloody Feinstein’s shit editing means we don’t actually see it clearly). The ref doesn’t spot him resting his feet on the ropes for added leverage though and another wrestler runs out from the back to explain to him what happened. He orders the match restarted, this time with Chicky getting the win for him team by pinning one of the oppo with his feet over the ropes. Again RF edits out what led up to it so we only see Chicky making the cover.

With the clipping this still lasted nigh on ten minutes so you have to wonder why RF bothered, unless it went like in excess of thirty minutes or something. No rating due to the hatchet job and I imagine had I watched it in its entirety I would have got numb to all the weapon shots very early.

NOTE: This match appears twice, firstly the clipped version incorrectly dated as 10/27 and then the uncut version correctly dated 10/28.  I've merged the two threads together.  I won't be watching the match a second time though.

• 1 month later...

A huge plunder brawl with the juice flowing. The crowd is really behind Victor and Chicky and give them a great chant when they come out. The match revolves around RF filming segments at the time of the four competitors wailing on each other with various weapons. Chicky really makes use of a board as he continuously beats either Vyzago or Anderson senseless with it. Vyzago and Andy end upu with a heat sequence and do a great job of cutting the ring off for Chicky until he makes the tag to Victor. Victor’s hot tag is really energetic and check out a dazed Chicky on the apron still selling the effects of the beatdown. Cheap finish with the rudos winning with the legs on the apron. Someone comes in and informs the referee (Boricua please save me with these names) and the match restarts. Quick rollup and Victor and Chicky retain. Celebratory promo after the match. This was the bloody garbage brawl that I expected from a Puerto Rico show that had some late 90’s hardcore beats mixed in. ***1/2 (7)

• GSR changed the title to [2000-10-27-IWA-PR] Chicky Starr & Victor the Bodyguard vs El Lobo & Vyzago