Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-05-06-PROGRESS-Super Strong Style 16] Chuck Mambo vs Zack Sabre Jr

ShittyLittleBoots

I have never seen or heard about Chuck Mambo before, so I had no idea what to expect, but he was going against a man who can have a good match with pretty much anyone & one of my favorite wrestlers in the world, so I was very curious to see what the end result would be & it sure was one damn fun match! Mambo gets to shine in the early stages of the match w/ his highflying move-set, but it's when he goes for the Surfboard that he pisses off the best technical wrestler in the world, which results in ZSJ escaping that said Surfboard in very cool fashion & delivering a nasty, vintage ZSJ-style beating to the lad. Vicious strikes, especially those stomps + nasty submissions. Mambo gets a couple of big comebacks in, which are good, but it's ZSJ's pretty damn tremendous bumping that are the best part about them & the way he countered Mambo's springboard Frog Splash was awesome. A fantastic, very giving (to say the least) performance by Zack - he certainly made Chuck Mambo look like million bucks in this one. ***3/4

I love how Sabre has to work really hard to even get to any holds here; like when he finally gets a sweep and then a heel hook, it really feels like a turning point. Some of Lee's strikes look monstrous here, and him curling Sabre up from his armbar is an amazing strength spot. This is my favorite of their matches, and my favorite of this tournament.

• GSR changed the title to [2018-05-06-PROGRESS-Super Strong Style 16] Chuck Mambo vs Zack Sabre Jr