Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-11-17-ACW] Chris Hero vs Adam Pearce vs Suicide Kid (Elimination)

soup23

This match took forever to get going and when it did, it wasn’t very exciting being way too comedy oriented for my liking. I feel like Hero and Pearce can do some comedy stuff at times and it feels natural but this felt really contrived. Pearce overall hasn’t shown much in 2000 that gives me hope for his overall decade output. Referee is in on choking out Kid two minutes into the match and taking pictures with a fan’s camera. Pearce and Hero act like they are going to work together but of course that falls apart. Pearce has one of the most laughably bad spinning heel kicks you will ever see. Kid is able to hit the Slice Bread #2 and pick up the win. Pearce gives the referee the Pepsi Plunge post match and attacks another jobber until a street cop in uniform comes out. They arrest Pearce and take him to the back Mountie style. Hero and Kid are facing off now and this is better than it was before but still disappointing. Hero keeps going for a powerbomb but Kid blocks it. Hero’s valet slaps Prazak on the outside for some reason that I didn’t understand. Kid makes his comeback and hits a triple jump moonsault and some other flippy legdrops well enough but no referee is there to make the count. Kid has the pin with a 15 year old looking kid getting pulled out of the ring. Hero hits Kid with the purse of the valet and gains the victory. Possibly the worst Hero match of the decade? *

• GSR changed the title to [2000-11-17-ACW] Chris Hero vs Adam Pearce vs Suicide Kid (Elimination)

It takes what seems an eternity for this to start as Pearce walks around the ring, Dave Prazak teases he’s going to fight Kid, Pearce take a camera from a photographer which he and Hero then use to take pictures, Hero doesn’t want to be frisked by the referee so gets his valet to frisk him instead, Pearce frisks the referee, Pearce wants the audience member chucked out as they return a bottle to him that he had thrown out at them.  The match finally gets going and Hero assumes the role of the referee.  Now Pearce is playing as being ref, while the match itself is being played for ‘laughs’.  This is garbage.  Prazak is up on the apron distracting ‘referee’ Pearce and the actual ref, who is on the outside, uses the distraction to help Hero and choke Kid over the middle rope!  The ‘comedy’ continues, real ref taking photos as Hero and Pearce do their best Dusty Rhodes impressions.  Kid ducks the double clothesline and lands a double dropkick followed by a pair of clotheslines.  Pearce and Hero roll to the floor where they get into a shoving match, oblivious to Kid who takes them out with a cannonball from the top turnbuckle.  Hero and Kid return to the ring but Pearce trips Kid from the outside.  Pearce hits a great looking move that starts out as a side suplex from where he flips Kid over and he lands face down on the mat.  Unfortunately that leads to more nonsense with Hero telling him that he didn’t execute it right and this is how you do it.  Soft looking belly to back/neckbreaker combination.  Kid kicks out of the cover so the ref, at the insistence of Hero and Pearce, then covers him.  Again, this is garbage!  Hero takes a seat in the front row with his valet while the referee jumps around like some jack-in-the-box.  Shiranui by Kid and Pearce is eliminated.  Eliminated, unfortunately not over!  Pearce shoves the ref, who shoves him back, which leads to Pearce decking him.   He drags him to the top turnbuckle, only to slip!  At the second attempt he gives him a ‘Pepsi Plunge’ and then powerbombs an official who comes from the back to check on him.  Eventually a cop shows up and he’s cuffed and taken out of there.  Hopefully this improves now we’re down to just the two.  Hero counters the rana with a spinning powerbomb.  He applies a ‘Cobra clutch’ but it’s real loose and he isn’t locking that thing in.  Release cradle suplex.  This isn’t the most dynamic of matches that we’re watching.  Kid unloads with punches to counter the escape the powerbomb before hitting Elix Skipper’s ‘Play of the Day’.  A terrible looking reverse DDT due to Hero dropping to the mat a moment earlier than Kid.  Well I suppose it fits in with how this match has gone.  Kid misses a moonsault but lands a rana.  Hero reverses the Irish whip, keeps hold of the arm and hits a pumphandle slam.  If this couldn’t get any worse we then get a ref bump, Hero hiptossing Kid into him.  ‘Tomokaze’ by Kid, triple jump moonsault, but there’s no-one to count the fall.  I just want this to end and I’m not the only one as the crowd are chanting “boring” at them.  Eventually Hero clocks Kid with knux and then celebrates like he’s won the WWF World title in the main event at Wrestlemania.

Dreadful match that I have no intent on expanding on further bar that Kid looked real indie and low rent, something which I hadn’t thought about him until now.