Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-11-19-WWF-Survivor Series] Kurt Angle vs The Undertaker

soup23

Most people surmise that the Fully Loaded match between is the most egregious example of 2000 of Taker burying Angle but I think it is very close. As I have talked about before, Angle was a blue chipper but they eased him into long/high end main event matches. It was a progression that culminated with the title win at No Mercy. Now, he is the champion and as a result, deserves more credibility than needing Edge & Christian to help bail him out from tapping out to a heel hook. When Angle goes on offense for this match, it is impressive and his leg work is well done and targeted. Unfortunately, Taker has no time to sell much of any of that when he makes his comeback and starts stalking Angle even more. Then you add on the “clever” finish of the switcheroo involving Eric Angle. On the surface, I wouldn’t have a huge issue with this but the way Angle has begged off throughout the match and feud, this felt like another layer that was added on unnecessarily to help Taker retain his heat. **

• GSR changed the title to [2000-11-19-WWF-Survivor Series] Kurt Angle vs The Undertaker