Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-11-23-BJW] Tomoaki Honma vs Zandig (Barbed Wire Board Death)

soup23

I don’t understand how these two can defy logic again to have a good match with each other but here we are. Honma does have a set formula of taking a beating, milking it for all it is worth, then mounting a comeback to present himself as heroic. As a modern comp, this is something that I critique Miyahara of in AJPW but Honma is able to convey more pain and that he is having to empty out his arsenal as a last gasp effort instead of Miyahara where I feel he just absorbs the punishment and fights through based on fighting spirit. This match had a lot of brutality and the boards were used prominently. Both guys were bleeding and we even had some panes of glass that were brought in. We only had a few moments of Zandig awkwardness and overall he plays his role well of invading heel. Honma wins, gets the big fat check and the hero celebration. ***1/2 (6.9)

• GSR changed the title to [2000-11-23-BJW] Tomoaki Honma vs Zandig (Barbed Wire Board Death)