Pro Wrestling Only

[2004-11-21-NJPW] Genichiro Tenryu & Minoru Suzuki & Kensuke Sasaki vs Masahiro Chono & Manabu Nakanishi & Jushin Liger

G. Badger

This is just that heated puroresu you don't see very often anymore. This felt like Tenryu had been carrying the WAR vs NJ feud in his lumpy Grinch heart all of this time. He & Chono made their time count while allowing the (somewhat) younger members to take the brunt of the beatings. Smart veterans! Speaking of beatings, Sasaki and Nakanishi's chop & lariat battle was badass. Nakanishi doesn't get the respect that he deserves. He is a helluva clean-up hitter in these type of bouts. Also, Suzuki was his charismatically crazy self. So, you know you gotta see this for that psycho bastard in his prime. This was a great match for sure. I know I'm leaving stuff out but, you're going to want to see it for yourself!

18 hours ago, TheDuke said:

Yeah I enjoyed the chop battle. I liked Liger's desperation during the finish portion as well. It's like he realized he had to try to end it now if his team was going to have any chance of winning.

Yeah, Liger's involvement was pretty crucial too. You're right! His shotei was like his great equalizing weapon against the heavyweights.

• GSR changed the title to [2004-11-21-NJPW] Genichiro Tenryu & Minoru Suzuki & Kensuke Sasaki vs Masahiro Chono & Manabu Nakanishi & Jushin Liger