Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-09-01-CMLL] Scorpio Jr & Bestia Salvaje & Shocker vs Lizmark & Mr Niebla & Olimpico

ohtani's jacket

This was an excellent bout. It started out as a Guapos showcase with the rudos fixing each other's hair every time they got upset and turned into a thrilling contest thanks to the brilliance of the tecnicos. Good things happen when you have a slick rudo trio and good tecnicos. Lizmark dialed back the clock and gave his best performance of the year. There was pinpoint accuracy in his topes and tilt-a-whirl backbreakers that reminded me of Atlantis in his prime. It would have been nice if Lizmark had ventured to the indies at some point and had a classic maestro title match. I feel like that's something missing from my life. Shocker was brilliant throughout demonstrating time and time again his star quality. The tecnicos upped the tempo at the right times and contributed beautiful dives and the finishing moves from both teams were pretty to watch. The fans got their money's worth with this one and Televisa were so impressed they showed a good 20 minutes of the bout. That says it all. Must watch 2000 lucha here. 

• GSR changed the title to [2000-09-01-CMLL] Scorpio Jr & Bestia Salvaje & Shocker vs Lizmark & Mr Niebla & Olimpico